In sickness or worse (Upstead)

Requested By prayformamaswift3

It was another slow day for the intelligence unit which meant paperwork. Everyone was there working expect Hailey. 

"Hey sarge,"Hank looked at him, "Where's Hailey? "Jay asked. 

"She's taking a sick day. Get back to your paperwork Halstead, it's not going to finish itself."

Jay was trying to finish his paperwork but he kept wondering back to Hailey. She was perfectly fine yesterday and was suddenly sick. Jay must've been really stuck on Hailey because he didn't hear Adam ask him about lunch. 

"Jay, are you good?"

"Yeah. Just thinking. What's up."

"I wanted to see if you wanted anything from the diner down the street for lunch."

"Just get me a cheeseburger. Thanks Ruzek."

As time went on, his mind kept wondering off. Does Hailey have a cold? Flu? Pneumonia? Did something happen? He got his lunch and finished paperwork and clocked out early. He arrived to Hailey's to find no answer to the door. He was about to use the spare key she gave him when Hailey came to the door. 

"What are you doing here?"

"Hank said you took a sick day. "

"I'm fine. I'm sure just a cold I have."

"Well I picked up some cold and flu medicine and brought some chicken noodle soup."

"How thoughtful of you but Jay I'm fine. You should go home. I don't want to get you sick."

"I'm staying Hailey. Now sit down. Are you hungry? Did you want medicine?"

"I'll take some soup, Hailey looked at her partner, "Your a good partner Jay."

"That's why your partners Hailey. We have each other's back, hurt, sick, or anything, Your always there for each other."

"Now here's your soup. I'll get your medicine ready." Jay got her medicine and himself some soup and sat next to her on the couch. 

"Your the best partner Jay Halstead."

"Your the best Partner, Hailey Upton. Now what should we watch." Jay cuddle next to Hailey and let her fall asleep peacefully on his chest.