I will always care about you(Manstead)

Disclaimer: Chicago med or the characters do not belong to me. All copyrights to the creators and writers.
————
"Goodwin fired you?" Natalie questioned, as Will packed up his locker.
"Just let it go, Nat." Will tells her.
"Because of my mom's pills? Will, did you tell her you took them.""Answer me!" Natalie exclaimed.
"I had to."
"Why?"
"It's everything, everything we've been through, everything we've been to each other. What else could I do?"
"Tell the truth."
"No, I think a change will do me good."
"No, Will, I'm sorry. I cannot let you do this."
"Nat, I'm okay. Really."
"Will, please don't do this."
"It's done, Nat, so. . . it's done." Will walked out before Natalie could say anything else. She had to fix this. They weren't a couple anymore but she dragged him into this mess. She was going to fix it.
————
"Ms. Goodwin?"Natalie calls out, running after Goodwin.
"Yeah." Goodwin answered.
"You have got to reinstate Dr. Halstead.
"Dr. Manning, I realize that you two are close. . . ."
"No, you don't understand. I was the one who stole the trial meds for my mom. I am the reason the trial was canceled, not Will. He said that to protect me."
"Dr. Manning I don't know what to say."
"I'm the one you should fire. Not Will. He's trying to protect me."
"He admitted to taking them. You don't need to protect him." Goodwin tried to leave but Natalie kept pleading.
"I'm the one who told the delivery guy from Kender someone picked up so I can give it to my mom. I needed to help my mom. Please, Ms. Goodwin Will was trying to help me. I'm the one you should fire."
"I can't believe I'm saying this but your fired Dr. Manning."
"So Will can have his job back."
"Yes but he is on probation grounds. If I hear or see he does anything so reckless, he will be fired. Goodbye Natalie." It wasn't a happy ending for her but she got Will his job.
————
Natalie finished putting Owen down when there was a knock on her door.
"Will, what are you doing here?" Natalie invited him in.
"Why'd you do it? Why'd you save me?"
"I've always cared for you. And I won't stop. We have been through to much for you to risk it for me. But maybe there's something new for me."
"Natalie, I was protecting you. If you had let me do what I did."
"You deserve to be happy Will. You have a shot at Med. I'll be fine."
"Take care of yourself Natalie."
"You too, Will." They hugged before Will was out of her view. They'll meet again.
————
So instead of a Mancel o shot I felt Manstead should be written. Mancel o shot is still in the works. More of a friendship One-shot than romantic but that's my view on how Torrey Devitto leaves the show and Will gets his job back. Thanks for reading.