58

I thought I should at least write this part eh? ;)

[Disclaimer: I don't know how a court hearing goes so I don't know if the way I've written it is correct. Neither do I know if the sentence is correct, it's just for the sake of the story]

"He would have got five years, but because there's no significant injury they're letting him go with probation" Lisa affirms with a frown on her face.

Taron just shook his head, there is no way that Phil is getting away so lightly.
"I can't believe that - that's bullshit" Taron spat, taking a short drag of his cigarette.

The two were stood outside the county court in central London. The sun was shining down on them, yet somehow the weather didn't match the mood of the situation.

"Surely there is more they can do?" Taron looked desperately to his mum who just shook her head
"If that's the best they can do then we'll have to take it" Lisa smoked her cigarette quietly, "I just want this to be over - I'll sign the divorce papers today if they have them"

Although hearing his mum say she was going to divorce Phil should be a good moment for Taron, he couldn't help feeling a bit sad at how it has all ended. The man gave them both hell and they'd wished for a happy ending - whatever that was.

It was only 10am and they both knew they had a little while to go before this was over. So they headed back inside and waiting for everyone to return.

"Mrs Pound has also requested a divorce" The judge announced which made Lisa shift in her seat a little. She watched Phil's face from across the room carefully; searching for any sign that he actually wanted to save the marriage. But there wasn't one - she didn't know whether to feel good or bad about that. To her it showed just how little he must care about her, he probably never did love her and just saw her as a way to get a roof over his and his daughter's head.

As she'd said she would, Lisa signed the papers with a shaking hand and Taron watched helplessly as she did so.

"Mr Pound will sign his in due course," The judge told Lisa and she just nodded slightly, silently cursing that he should do it now and what did he have to wait for.

Taron looked at everyone in the Jury, all the normal people watching over them as everything played out. He wanted to ask them why they think someone who has done such horrible things should be let out on probation. How could they let his mum go through this humiliation of all the photos and the facts to only get probation at the end of it?

"My client wishes for there to be a restraining order on Mr Pound, Sir" Lisa's lawyer said loudly, standing before the judge.
"We'll go to a vote" The judge sighed, it seemed he didn't want the restraining order. Which was another thing Taron couldn't understand. The least they could do at this point was not let him lay another finger on his mum.

Thankfully the restraining order was granted and after a little longer they were all free to go. Lisa didn't get up straight away, she took pleasure in watching Phil being taken away by the two guards; both firmly holding his arms. Lisa watched until Phil had completely gone before beginning to stand.
"Are you okay?" Taron whispered as they both walked to the door.
"Fine" She simply answered, following Taron out of the courtroom.