37

"Baby" Taron  whispered as he pulled Belle into the longest hug.

She had been waiting eagly at Dulwich station for his return as soon as Taron text her to say he was on the train. She'd waited in the mild morning sun of August, on a bench with her head hanging low.

"I've missed you" Taron told her, still hugging her tightly and all Belle could do was burst into tears. She had no words for him, she had no words for anyone. She hadn't spoken to anyone else since her nan told her the news and as much as her nan wanted to check up on her, she also knew she needed her space  for a little while. Elizabeth knew what it was like to lose parents; she lost her father in the war, but her mother didn't pass away till much later. When she was much older than Belle is now and it still caused pain she had never quite felt before.

"C'mon, let's go back to yours yeah?"
Belle just nodded and pulled away reluctantly from Taron; instead she took his hand strongly, wanting the physical contact of the one she loved and trusted.

The couple didn't speak a word as they walked along the street of Dulwich. Taron was drawing small circles on her hand and admiring the old streets he remembers so well. So much had changed since he last was here; even if it wasn't that long ago. It was as if his life was going a million miles an hour and yet right now he couldn't feel more still.

"You go sit down I'll make us a cup of tea" Taron told Belle as she opened the door to her house. The house that still smelt so much like her parents, that had all of their belongings lying around as if they were still here.
Belle felt that as long as she stayed in this house, not touching a thing that was in it, she could pretend they were still here.

Maybe she'd wake up and realise this was all just a nightmare. A terrible, terrible nightmare.

"Here we go love, do you want to watch a film?"
Belle shook her head, taking the mug from Taron with both her hands and cradling it as if it was her only lifeline.
"How's life at the studio?" Belle asked, a small sirk threatening to tug at her lips.
But Taron felt a pit in his stomach when she asked that question, should he tell her now?
"Uh- yeah, it's good" Taron thought about what to say, "It's so good to be on a proper set, I'm learning so much!"
"And what are you not telling me?" Belle looked at Taron carefully, her voice sounded exhausted even though she hadn't spoken much.
The certainty in her voice was strong though, it was as if she could literally read Taron's mind.

Taron watched as Belle just sat in silence, she was too tired to fight. She was too weak to shout, all she wanted was the truth and maybe he should give it to her.
"I made a terrible mistake whilst I was there" Taron gulped, trying to think about how to word it, "And I want you to know that I really do love you, but I understand if you don't want to-"
"What was her name?" Belle asked with no emotion at all, she just stared into space as she was curled up on the sofa.
Her eyes were glazed over, showing just how withdrawn she was.
She couldn't take any more pain right now so it was probably the best time to tell her. She didn't have the energy to fight or even cry anymore than she already had for her parents.

"Liz" Taron's eyes dropped to the ground in shame as he sat on the arm chair opposite the sofa Belle was sat on.
"Is she pretty - prettier than me?" Belle finally moved her eyes to meet Taron's sad ones.
"Belle" Taron sighed, dropping his eyes to the floor again "Of course she wasn't prettier than you - it was a stupid mistake, we didn't go all the way, it was so stupid - I'm so stupid" Taron rambled on, his eyes shifting around the floor as that moment played back in his head.
"I really don't deserve you Belle, I can't believe I did that. I'm so sorry to tell you this now, I couldn't be a shitter person. I'll just go" Taron stood up, putting his mug on the coffee table and without giving Belle a second look, made his way to the door.
"Taron!" Belle called after him, quickly getting up to chase after him.
It was as if this guy was the only one that sparked some emotion in her.

He turned just as he put his hand to the door and sighed, bracing himself for Belle to shout at him.
"I get it" She said, her words were quiet, but said sincerely, "I get why you did it, I was being an asshole to you. I said some shit things and you didn't know what was going on and I feel shit because it's like I pushed you away until now, when I needed you. Not when you needed me. I'm sorry" Belle looked to the floor, letting her back hit the hallway wall. Taron immediately moved closer to her, holding her chin up with his index finger which made Belle smile sheepishly.
"I love you" Taron whispered, "And I'm not going to be stupid again" He leans in and plants a sweet kiss on her lips.
"I love you too" She says, kissing Taron more deeply. Pulling his waist close to hers and resting her hand on the back of his neck.

They needed each other too much right now to fight.