47

"So what were you up to this morning then?" Belle asked innocently, she'd already noticed that Taron's nose was slightly swollen. It wasn't that noticeable, but she noticed as soon as she saw him. But instead of asking straight away, she waited till now to ask about it.

Taron had gone to see her as he promised and the two were stood outside smoking a cigarette.
Taron noticed that both Belle and his mum seem to smoke when they're going through a rough time, yet he did it on a daily basis. It was something he could excuse himself outside to do, it was something that gave him time to think and space away from people for a while.

It was also a very bad habit he'd picked up in high school when all the people he hung around with did it. He wanted to fit into the groups he wanted his character to associate with so badly that he willingly began smoking. Even though his life has changed a lot now, it was as if this bad habit was the ghost of what remained of his past, a constant reminder of where he was a few years ago.

"Just sorting some stuff out with mum" Taron vaguely said, staring out at the garden to avoid eye contact.
"Like what?" Belle continued.
Taron looked at her and gave a small smile, "Housework 'n stuff"
"Why are you being so weird?" Belle took a long drag of the cigarette and put it out on the wall they were leaning on.
"What?"
"I know that if you could you'd been round here first thing this morning, but instead you were doing housework - something you could have put off to see me and you would have if it was only housework. And you do know your nose is swollen right, it's quite fucking obvious you were in a fight this morning, yet you think you could just lie right to my face when your nose is the fucking size of America" Belle quickly went back inside the house, she couldn't put it off any longer.
"What?" Taron scoffed, putting out his own cigarette and quickly following Belle back inside, "You're mad because I didn't come straight to you this morning? If I was filming right now, which I should be, I wouldn't even be around - But I am, because of you. I stopped my job for you - could you not be a bit more fucking grateful?!" Taron snapped and immediately regretted it.

Belle turned around from storming into the living room and her eyes were welling up which made Taron feel even worse.
"NO! I'm not mad at that, fucking hell- I'm upset that you're lying right to my face and think I'm stupid enough to believe it. Do you think I'm fucking stupid?!" Belle shouted back and as much as she tried to hide her tears, they began to fall uncontrollably and she began to sob.
"You know I'm so grateful for you being here, I know how much the job means to you and the fact that you dropped it all to see me when I needed you is amazing but-" She paused, taking a long breath to try to calm down, "You're hiding something from me and I don't understand why and if it was to not upset me well- surprise mother fucker!" She aggressively gestured to her blotchy face and the tears that were still streaming down her face.
"Belle-" Taron began, rushing over to her, but she turned away with her hands in the air.
"Don't fucking touch me!" She rushed upstairs in a heap of sobs and Taron listened as her bedroom door slammed shut. A signal for Taron to leave her alone for a while which is what he did; although he did stay in the house and decided to think over what he was going to say to her.

How he was going to explain himself, tell her about his mum and how she was living in a hotel room whilst they went to the police station this morning to open a case about Phil. How he was finally doing something about the man that had tormented him and his mum all his life, starting with knocking him out - which would explain his broken nose and why he was still here after arriving back a few days ago.

Taron knew he shouldn't have snapped like that to Belle, he knew that he should have been honest with her the whole time, but it was too late to go back now.
He'd taken out his own pain on Belle and that wasn't fair, he knew he was the one in the wrong.