17

I know I'd usually publish two chapters, but I haven't been writing a lot recently so I'll try to get back on it soon and then upload more.

Let me know what you think of it so far, I know it's quite different from a usual 'fanfiction', but I love writing and wanted to try something a little different from the usual stuff.

"Right I'm off" Taron said, rolling back on his heels. Standing outside the front door of Lisa's house.

Although his plan was somewhat lacking in detail and he hadn't actually thought a lot of it through, he was sure about what he wanted.

Getting away from Dulwich has been a long-term goal of his for as long as he could remember. The place had too many bad memories for his liking and starting fresh somewhere else was the most appealing idea he'd had all his life.

Lisa stood at the door, beaming with pride with tears in her eyes. Her son really was following his dream and she couldn't be more proud of the man that stood before her.

Taron has definitely changed over the last months, at first Lisa couldn't decide if it was for the better or worse. Now she realises that it is for the better. He's matured a lot because he'd been put in a situation which forced him to grow up and become a young adult.

"Have you got everything you need?" Lisa smirked, this was the last time she'd be saying something motherly for a while.
"More than enough mum, I'll pay you back - and call you when I get there" Taron pulled his mum into one last hug before he set off down the road towards the train station.

As excited as he was, his nerves were also settling in. He was really going, really going to give it his all and make the world know who Taron Egerton is.

North Dulwich station was only a 20-minute walk from Landells Road, the road Taron grew up in. It was just far enough away for him to smoke two cigarettes before he got there.

It was only once he reached the station that he started to realise that Dulwich wasn't a bad place, it wasn't rough. It was full of people with tons of potential, it was just a shame that; although Taron had potential too, he had bad memories associated with this place. He needed to get out not just to get away from the toxic people, but to get away from a place that had become toxic to him.

Taron knew the route he had to take, he'd looked at the railway map so many times that it was ingrained in his head. Yet he still mouthed the words of all the stations, repeating them till the station names didn't even sound like names anymore.

The first train was North Dulwich to Brixton and then from Brixton, he'd take the Victoria line to Green Park. Once at Green Park he'd stay on the underground, only switching to the Piccadilly line to Russell Square station.
After only a five minute walk he would be in the centre of Bloomsbury where he'd start job hunting. Going into small shops, cafe's, bars, anywhere that looked like they might have vacancies.

"Drama student?" One barman asked he was a tall guy with a big beard and big arms. Despite a strong and tough look, he had kind eyes and Taron took a liking to him straight away.
The two spoke for a while as Taron stood at the bar Mike was behind, making small talk and Taron explained that he had come from Dulwich.
"Dulwich?" Mike seemed surprised, "You didn't strike me as a Dulwich kid"

Taron was still wearing jeans and hoodies with a snapback. His whole persona said council estate yet he was the complete opposite. His mum was from a very wealthy background and she'd told Taron that she'd met his dad at a golf club when Richard used to play and Lisa came to watch her younger brother play.

You couldn't get a more middle-class meeting, yet since Taron's main influence at home was Phil he rebelled against his past. It stemmed back to him wanting to be different and not be associated with Phil as much as he could.
To be fair to him he didn't go to one of the preparatory schools and he certainly didn't hang out with the kids that did.
His crowd was very different and he's adopted his character from them.

"Too working class am I?" Taron put on his South London accent and Mike laughed
"Something like that - look, if you're looking for work I'll take you on, we'll see how it goes for a month first yeah?"
Taron was shocked, he didn't expect to actually find a job within the first few hours of arriving in Dulwich.
"That sounds great, thank you Mike!" He beamed
"I'll teach you how to pour a pint and you can work behind here" Mike looked around the bar he was stood behind, "When can you start?"
"Now?" Taron smirked
"Are you not a student?"
"I will be next year, but right now I'm all yours" Taron smiled and Mike shrugged
"Where are you staying?"
"I haven't found anywhere yet, depending on how well you pay me Sir, I'll have a place soon" Taron smirked.
Mike just laughed, "Well there is a room upstairs you can have if you're interested?"
"Seriously?" Taron was taken back by Mike's kindness, not only had he just given him a job without an interview he had also given him somewhere to stay.
"It'll be half your wages though"
"Not a problem, thank you so much!" Taron wanted to hug the guy, he couldn't believe his luck right now.