3 & 4

A/N: I've only just realised I missed an entire chapter out? Because I write this elsewhere and then put it on here I must've just skipped an entire chapter ://

"Taron you've done brilliantly this term, we'd love for you to audition in the next play we do" Ms Jefferson told Taron, beaming ear to ear with pride.
"Thanks Ms J" He smiles weakly
"Have you looked into drama school?"
Taron's heart ached, of course he'd looked at drama school. It was the only place he could see himself going after he'd finished here.
"Yeah, I don't know if I'd be excepted though" He half lied, not revealing that his step dad would probably legitimately murder him if he went
"Are you joking" Jefferson laughed, "I'm surprised you haven't got an agent yet"

The rest of the drama class were talking amongst themselves as they stopped for a break during their double drama period, but glances were still had over to the teacher and Taron who were discussing his future in acting.
Taron knew the class envied him because he was the favourite, but he didn't really care. It seemed like the only place he felt like he belonged and was content. Even if he wasn't being completely himself, Ms Jefferson believed in him and he held onto that because no one else did; except his mother.

"How are you doing in your other classes?" Jefferson moved the conversation on and Taron shifted on his feet awkwardly
"Good yeah - I just want to pass everything and be on my way" He smiled that typical charming smile
"On your way to what?" Jefferson raised an eyebrow
"Anything" Taron shrugged, looking down at the floor momentarily. The truth was it wasn't just education he wanted to move from, he wanted to leave his house, leave Phil behind and run away with his mum to somewhere new. Somewhere to start a new life.
"Is everything alright at home?"
The question ripped through Taron's thoughts like a hot knife through butter. Ms Jefferson was the closest person Taron had to a friend, she was the only one who occasionally got to see Taron Egerton, or at least a kinder, more gentle version of fictional Taron.
"Yeah everything's- good" Taron trailed off, breaking character his eyes turned sad immediately and Jefferson put her hand on his shoulder to lead him further away from everyone else in the class.
"Do you know ever since I met you I knew there was something off about you" Jefferson started, Taron's eyes shifted straight to hers anticipating her elaboration, "Not necessarily in a bad way, but there was always something and I think I've finally figured it out"
Jefferson's eyes looked over the entirety of Taron's face, pushing her short brown hair back off her face which made her brown eyes glisten in the studio lights about them.
"You're never being authentic"
Taron's heart pounded in his chest, was someone actually seeing through the act he put on, he thought he was being realistic with it. But had Ms seen through it?
"You're never quite a person Taron, it's like- like you're playing someone all the time. But I've seen who you are because you let me see it and I think you're amazing - the best student I've ever had the fortune to teach. But you hide who you are don't you? Why do you do that?"

The way Jefferson's two questions came tumbling out gave the impression that she'd thought about this a lot. Maybe it was something she really did want to know.

It was Taron's turn to speak, but he froze and couldn't think of the perfect thing to say. He focused on the noise of the other students talking amongst each other. He tried so hard to listen to something he could turn Ms Jefferson's attention to, but there was nothing. He really did have to say something.
"Er... I don't know what you mean" Taron's voice was weak and almost shaky
"You might be a great actor but you're a really bad liar"
"Because you caught me off guard" Taron quickly says and gulps, shit. He just wants to cry now, his throat tightens and his jaw clenches.
"Taron, what's going on?" Jefferson's voice sounds desperate as if she actually wants to help. It takes all of his strength to bring back the character, as much as he wants to open up to Jefferson he's scared and bringing back Taron seems the only option available to him.
"Nothing, honestly I'm really great. Thank you for asking though, I guess I'm just stressing over these A-Levels" His voice is strong and sure, his expression is happy yet relieved, but his response was so out of context. It made him come across as bipolar.