8

Taron kept moving, never sleeping in the same place for more than two nights in a row. Mainly in fear of people recognising him from around and starting to work out exactly what his situation was.

After the best week of his life just two weeks ago, he'd hit rock bottom again. Soon his face started to show the tiredness he felt and he just looked pale and sad a lot. The only thing connecting him to his former self was the outfits he wore, jeans, jackets and a snapback. He tried to embody the persona as much as he could but he grew tired. Not wanting to pretend for much longer. He came to realise that he was, in fact, homeless, a reality he didn't want to face after fantasising about leaving home for so long. Thinking he could just get a place of his own and live alone. Build a new life and do whatever he wanted to do.

"Taron" Ms Jefferson pulled him aside once she'd dismissed the last class of the day. As everyone else flooded out, Taron slowly walked towards Jefferson's desk where she remained sitting. She stared up at tired Taron, trying to work out what he was thinking.
"How are you?" She asked such a simple question, but with all the intentions. She'd noticed Taron begun looking tired, that he didn't participate in class as much anymore. He kept himself to himself as much as possible and when he wasn't talking he looked sad and deep in thought. A change that was unexpected from someone who always acted confident, cheeky and sure of himself. Characteristics that Jefferson knew were fake, but the fact he wasn't faking them anymore started to concern Jefferson.
"I'm good thank you Miss, talking to you the other week really helped" He smiled, but this time his eyes didn't smile too. They stayed sad and fearful, there was something wrong but Jefferson couldn't work out what it was.
"How's it been at home?"
Taron's right eye twitches a little, almost like a physical sign of the pain that went through him when she asked that question.
"Good, I've managed to improve it a bit, I would say" He smiled again
"You're not looking great" Jefferson said bluntly and Taron just scoffed
"I've not been getting a great amount of sleep to be honest" Taron admitted, cleverly not revealing anything though.

It was a skill he'd mastered over time, how to reveal enough for someone to believe they'd got through, but still not enough for them to know anything worth knowing.

"And why is that?"
"Exams" He shrugs, pulling out the same excuse he always did when anyone asked
"Taron, you can't ke-"

"Miss I- oh sorry"
Jefferson's eyes looked behind Taron and Taron looked over his shoulder to see Belle standing there. Her beautiful brown hair in waves over her shoulders and her eyes twinkling almost in the light of the drama studio.
She locked eyes with Taron pretty quickly and the two just got lost in each other for a second.
"Here's the essay," She said, walking properly into the room and placing the paper down on Jefferson's desk.
Taron just watched, biting his lip a little as he watched Belle; the way her hair moved when she did. How her sweet voice sounded, it was as if everything else faded away when she was present.

"Thank you Belle, you two know each other?" Jefferson looked at the two, who were once again staring at each other
"Uh- yeah, we've met" Taron smirked, looking back at Jefferson who also had a small smirk on her face.
"Well I better be going, I'll see you tomorrow" Taron quickly excused himself, as did Belle and the two left together.

"I didn't know you did drama" Taron looks Belle who looked effortlessly gorgeous. She was wearing black skinny jeans and an oversized grey hoodie. Her hair was down and she had minimal makeup on, a look Taron very much liked in a girl.

"Yeah, in first year though - maybe you could help me" She joked and Taron smiled

"Drama isn't your strong point?"

The two continued talking and absentmindedly walked to Dulwich Park, right back to where they'd first met. Also where Taron had spent a few nights over the last couple of weeks.