53

As Taron got to his hotel room he felt everything fall silent. He'd been around people all day and now being alone felt different; so he called Belle.

"I had a really good day," He told her, "I did an emotional scene and everyone was saying how well I did"
"That's so good!" Belle cheered, "Did you have to cry?"
"Yeah, like properly break down in front of all these people - in character too and it went really well actually, well - you know what I mean" He added, laughing a little.
"Well, I'm so glad!"
"Did you have a good day?" Taron asked because he really did want to know, but as soon as Belle started talking he zoned out. Thinking about his mum and how she's doing, then about the investigation and whether the police had even got hold of Phil yet. If they had then what was Phil saying about him and his mum? Was he setting them up as the bad guys, was Taron going to get arrested for something he didn't do? Then he thought about Belle and how she's coping with her parents passing away, had he been there enough for her? Was he being a good person? Was the performance he did today actually good or did people just feel bad because they knew he'd just come back from having family problems?

"Taron, are you there?" Belle's voice rang through Taron's head like a tiny bell in the middle of a vast desert.

"Huh, yeah- sorry I was just um-" Taron trailed off, "Can I call you back?" He bit his bottom lip nervously.
"Of course, is everything okay?" Belle sounded concerned because she knew deep down what was happening.

"Mhmm" Taron merely mumbled before hanging up and chucking the phone down onto the desk in his room that he began to pace.

The tears were building up in his eyes as the thoughts in his head got louder and louder, all he could hear was the blood rushing through his veins and these thoughts. Thoughts of worry and conspiracy - made up scenarios in his head that were playing over and over.

His chest rose and fell so quickly, then suddenly he stopped pacing. Squeezing his eyes shut he tried to breathe properly, maybe if he took a deep breath the thoughts would stop. His hands would stop shaking and he could calm down.

None of this made sense, why did he feel like this?

Am I weak? Why have I gone the entire day feeling fine and then suddenly-

The thought train was interrupted by his phone ringing, it was Belle again. After a second of hesitation, he answered it.

"Taron, is this another moment of panic?" Belle asked as soon as he answered the phone. Taron took a breath and was about to speak when Belle interrupted, "I know it is, just go outside okay. Go to the door and unlock it so you can stand on the balcony" Belle told him with a strong voice. She didn't know how she knew what Taron was feeling, she just did and with Taron not interjecting she knew she was right.

"Look at the city below, all those people walking around - can you see them?"
"Yes," Taron answered as he watched the people on the streets below.
"What can you touch right now?"
"What?" Taron furrowed his eyebrows in confusion, still struggling to breathe and although the thoughts in his head were quieter, they were still there.
"Tell me 5 things you can touch from where you are right now" Belle explained
"The railing, the floor-" Taron looked around, focusing on answering the ridiculous question Belle was asking, "My phone- that's it, why are you asking such weird questions" Taron snapped, beginning to pace again.
"No, don't stop. Keep thinking, what else can you touch right now"
"The door and the-" He gulped, his eyes scanning the entire balcony, "The cigarette butt I left here yesterday"
"Why did you leave it there you usually flick those off the edge" Belle laughed a little, trying her best to take Taron's mind off whatever it was making him anxious right now.
"I don't know- Belle do you think the police have found Phil yet?"
"Wait! I haven't finished asking you my questions yet" Belle giggled, "What can you see from the balcony - I don't actually know what your view is from there"
"Just the city, like a town centre with people shopping, and a clock tower"
"Is it pretty?"
"Hmm, not really - not as pretty as you" Taron smiled when he said that and he thought about seeing Belle, he thought about how much he wanted Belle here with him.
"Aww stop it!" Belle said sarcastically
Taron smiled, "You're cute though!"

Belle smiled at that, not just because her boyfriend just complimented her, because she knew Taron was back to being himself.