“You and your rolling eyes,”

    Nimbly, I snorted jokingly from his accusation. He was indeed correct, but that doesn’t give him the right away to call me out on it.

   “So,” he said, “I think my band and I are going to go through with recording an album this summer.”

     It was great to hear, but perhaps right now wasn’t the best timing to inform me, only because of wishing and wanting to speak was rather difficult. There was something within me that was stopping me from speaking words and forming sentences for Alex.

    Vulnerability had consumed me and I hated every second of it. Hopefully tonight will be able to change it all.

     For the rest of the remaining time, we listened to the radio, and had gotten food on the way too. My foot slowly tapped to the beat of the song and my head bobbing too as my stomach settled from eating. It was nice being in the car with him being company.

     Eventually, we made it to the venue. Alex had gotten a little aggravated with finding a parking space. The lot was packed and there was little parking to be found. Luckily, and somehow, we found one.

   Once he turned off the engine, I stepped outside of the car, and breathed in the crisp air.

      Alex ended up taking off his sweater, and leaving it in the car. He wore a stripped red and white shirt which was appealing to look at.

    “You probably want to leave your jacket in the car.”

    I looked down upon myself, and decided he was right. I took it off and placed it into the car, and then he and I made our way through the lot.

    The line was awfully long, which shouldn’t have surprised me like the way it did. After all, it was a sold out show. Kids were lined up all the way around the venue. It was nearly insane to think that all these kids were going to attend the same concert as us.

    “C’mon, we’re not going to the end of the line.” Alex took my hand and passed through all the waiting and tired looking fans.

     My eyebrows lowered from pondering how we were even going to skip in line like this, but evidently the boy who was holding my hand had some type of plan.

    Shortly, Alex found who he was looking for.

    “Matt!” he called out.

    Just in that moment, one of the fans in line turned around, and waved his hand, a sign to join him.

    “What’s good, Alex?” Matt smiled. He wore a hoodie and red skinny jeans, with matching red gauges. His black hair was spiked up with a black beanie.

    “Nothing much,” Alex gave him a quick hug while I stood behind him, which was a little awkward until Alex finally introduce me.

      “Matt this is Laila, my girlfriend, and Laila, this is Matt, the band’s shitty manager.” Alex chuckled toward the end and gave Matt a pat on his shoulder.

      I froze at the words of ‘my girlfriend’, and it was something that I hadn’t expected Alex to introduce me as.

    “Hey, Laila,” Matt shook my hand nicely and brushed off Alex’s nasty (joking) comment.

     I nodded my head with his greeting. Matt seemed friendly although I wondered if he knew about what had happened between Brenna and me. Perhaps he did, or didn’t, but right now, I pushed away my troubling thoughts. All I longed for was to have a night of a lifetime and forget anything and everything that had been causing me disturbance and inconvenience these past weeks.