KNOCKED UP

Chapter Nine

Lance's POV:

The sound of gunfire rings in my ears. Two of my men are laid on the floor. Lifeless. Blood pouring from their bodies. One of them, is unsavable. It's Leon. He has a shot to the nape of his neck. By now The Prophet's have already fled the scene, taking the weapon and culprit in question with them. I am broken from my thoughts my the sound of Veronica's piercing screams. I turn my attention to the direction of the noise, she is lay on the floor beside one of the bodies. "Lance," she cries "It's Nathan."

My body goes stiff and I freeze in my spot. I cannot do this again. I can't watch someone I love die in front of me. Finding a sudden burst of energy, I turn on my heel to flee the scene. But something stops me in my tracks...

"Lance... NO. He's pregnant." Veronica blurts out.

I don't know what to do. Losing my partner is bad enough but the chance I could lose my unborn child too... it's more than I can deal with. On one hand I don't want to leave them. But I also can't sit by and watch their lives slip between my fingers. "I'm sorry." I say before I rush over to my car and leave.

Veronica's POV:

I remove my jacket and hold it against the wound on Nathan's thigh, to stop the blood from flowing out. By now the others have ran over too help. Timothee helps me to carry Nathan to our car, we lay him across the backseat and I sit on the floor, holding the jacket against him as he is too weak to do it himself. We drive off, leaving the others to collect Leon's body.

Having already called her, the onsite nurse is ready and waiting at the trailer. She has a medical bed set up, along with all her medical equipment. Our trailers are only small so only one of us can be in the room with Nathan, so I volunteer. The others aren't as close to him as me and if he pulls through, I am sure he will want to see a friendly face.

It is nearing two hours before Nathan starts stirring. The nurse fixed him up quite easily, she managed to get him breathing but said due to the shock, it would take him a while to come back around. The baby is fine, just shook up from everything. I take his hand in mine and squeeze it, letting him know that I am here. 

I can just about hear words slipping from his lips, "L-Lance." He cries out. I hold back the tears and swallow the large lump forming in my throat. I help Nathan sit up and pass him a cup of water to ease his dry throat.

There is no easy way to tell him what I'm about to say, so I just come out with it, "He's not here Nathan. I'm so sorry.... but he ran."

He doesn't say anything, instead he clutches his stomach. "My baby?" He says, looking over to me. "Yes," I tell him, "Lance knows."

He shakes his head, "No. Is my baby alive?".

"Yes, you're both perfectly okay. You're surprisingly doing fine. You just need to rest and take it easy for a while."

Nathan tells me that he wishes to go back to his bedroom, so I pass him a pair of crutches and help him to his feet. I hold the door open for him and he steps outside. The rest of the gang are sat around the fire, looking over at him. I already know what is coming, we discussed it whilst Nathan was asleep.

"Lance has left us, and with you being his Queen, you are now in charge around here. You are our boss Nathan." Timothee says, while the rest of the gang nod their heads in agreement. 

"How would you like us to go about our day?" He says further. Nathan looks at me and then starts talking.

"I want everything to continue as normal. Lance's absence only proves one thing. His loyalty to his friends, and his loyalty to his family is non-existent. I want you all to continue doing what you do, but I do ask for one thing. My babies safety, no one must know I'm alive. I know I haven't been here long but to my understanding, they set out to kill me and they won't stop until I'm dead. They are in the dark about my child so for now he/she is safe, and that's how I would like it stay." He says proudly while holding his tiny bump. I help him across to yard and over to his, and Lance's trailer. Well, just his trailer now seen as Lance ran away and left him Knocked Up.

From here on, whilst he is pregnant, unless the gang needs advice, Nathan stays in the safety of his trailer. Dead to the world.

Love at War (Mpreg)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara