DANGEROUS LOVE

Chapter Four, Dangerous Love

Lance's POV:

After the run in with one of our customers, I leave Veronica to count up our earnings from the day. I lean back against my car, watching a young girl struggle to leave the lot. I recognise her from school, she is in the year below me, I think her name is Anna, or something. Whatever that case, I don't care. I am more interested in the boy sat beside her, although I couldn't see it, I could feel his eyes on me as I held the blade to that little druggies throat. 

That boy I saw with the girl from the year below us is new here, I did my research after I saw him on the first day back after Christmas Break. For one, I know his real name is Nathaniel, not Nathan. My investigating skills also found that he was born on the 18th April in Manhattan, in a private hospital. Growing up, he was your typical snob. He attended a prestige education in a private school, were he learned to play the piano and became fluent in both French and Italian. He now lives in Staten Island, Falcon Street, to be precise, with his mother Karen and Grandma Rosemary. His dog, Mickey, is a Golden Doodle.

I'm not going to lie, ever since I laid eyes on him I felt the spark. He's an attractive young man, but we come from different worlds... it would never work. But nethertheless, I still can't help but feel intrigued by him. Part of me wants to get to know him. But a small voice in my head is telling me different. I don't know which side I should listen too.

Veronica's POV:

It has been five minutes since I finished counting up the money, and my brother is still sat against the hood of his car, with that look on his face. I can't quite put my finger on it, I've only ever seen that look on his face once before... and it ended in disaster.

*********

A few days have passed since the incident in the parking lot, the money owed has been repaid in full, so lucky for that guy, his life has been spared... for now. He won't be so lucky nextime if he misses out on another payment.

Over the past few days, I have kept a close eye on Lance, who has been acting different. He isn't on form, he's had a few near misses in fights, which never happens. I could be wrong, but I think I have finally figured out what is wrong with him.

He's in love. But is it going to be another, Dangerous Love?

I haven't confronted him about it, because I know he will just deny it and that he will be trying to push his feelings under the surface so he doesn't get hurt again. Lance hates to admit it but he is sensitive. He might put on a big front and act like the big I am, but deep down he is soft and gentle. Or at least he used to be, before the incident...