I also looked around at some of my paintings that were hanging on my wall. I had a 4-paneled painting of a flower above my bed, and a few motivational quotes painted in calligraphy directly onto my walls. My favorite of which was a line from the band All Time Low that read, "Maybe it's not my weekend, but it's gonna be my year." Back in my days of self-consciousness, I would read that quote over and over again, reminding myself that life goes on and it will get better, and that it might just possibly be my year. Of course, on a depressing note, it never was, but I was okay with it now.

I was just about done getting settled when my sisters melodious voice sounded up the staircase. "Ohhhhh Cassieeeee!" She called out in a sing-song tone. My face split into a smile immediately. I was excited to see her; I really was. We had a lot to catch up on.

"Coming!" I screeched back and hopped off my bed, nearly tripping over my suitcase as I headed towards the door and bounded down the stairs.

"Hiiii!" Caralyn smiled and pulled me into a tight hug. "How are you? I missed you so much! Oh my god did you lose even more weight? You're so thin now!"

"Slow down," I chuckled in her ear, "I missed you too! You look great."

As usual, the jealous part of my subconscious piped up. She really did though. Her hair was somehow even longer and glossier than I remember it being, and she had fresh highlights. She was dressed in black high-waisted skinny jeans with a tan tank-top body suit that hugged tight to her toned, and tanned, petite frame.

"Awe thank you!" she gushed as if she didn't know she looked great. "We have SO much catching up to do! But first, lets go grab a table at Super Sushi. I'm STARVING."

"What, Dan didn't offer to buy you any food?" I teased.

"Ha. Ha. Very funny," she said before pausing to stare at me. "Wait, how did you know about that?"

"How do you think? Carter told me."

"CARTER!" She yelled and the sound echoed throughout the living room of our house.

"Jeez sorry Caralyn, I didn't realize it was that big a deal." She could sometimes be a little overdramatic, But hey, ya gotta love her.

"Oh it's not. I'm just getting hangry and we need him for dinner."

Seconds later Carter came sprinting around the corner. "What do you want?"

"Lets go get sushi. You're driving," she said as she rummaged through her purse to find the keys to Carter's car she had just borrowed. I could only assume that Dan didn't have one.

His eyes widened as if he was shocked by this turn of events. "What? Why me?"

She tossed his keys back to him. "Because it's your car, and it's also wine night at Super Sushi! Plus, you're underage so that makes you our beloved DD."

"Please Carter?" I added just to soften the demanding tone of our eldest sibling.

"Okay fine," he relented. "Mom left us all some money just let me go grab it."

*********

The car ride went just about how any ride with siblings probably goes. Since Carter was driving, Caralyn automatically got the front seat because it was "right of passage," as she claimed, since she was the oldest. And also, when I told her that her claims were B.S., she proceeded to whine about how sitting in the back made her car sick. Therefore, I was delegated to the back seat while Caralyn and Carter bickered about his driving skills, which was quite stupid since she was the one who told him to drive in the first place.