Chapter 40

It was a few a few days later and now the week was ending.
It was late the afternoon and Josh was busy packing his stuff for a trip to his parents where he had to sort a few things out.
Of course he decided Maya should go as well but he was definitely not sure how either of them would handle it.
At this point Maya had quite enough of the pregnancy and was taking it hard.

"Hey, Mom. Me and Maya are going to leave in just a bit," Josh told his mother over the phone.
"Are you guys okay? I don't hear her in the background," Amy said.
"Because she is sleeping in her bedroom and after our conversation I'm gonna wake her up," Josh said.
"How is she?" Amy asked.
"She's okay. Just pretty tired and the morning sickness has been taking its toll. But we'll be there soon. I've gotta go," Josh said.
"I love you," Amy said.
"Love you too, Mom," Josh said as he hung up.

He shook his head as he made his way to Maya's bedroom.
He smiled seeing her asleep and immediately went to sit down lightly next to her.
He lightly rubbed her cheek with the back of his thumb causing her to wake up.

"Hey, Gorgeous. We have to head the road," Josh said.
"Okay," Maya said as she came up slightly light-headed.
"You okay?" Josh asked placing his hand on her back.
"Just dizzy. I'm fine. You excited to head out to Philly?" Maya asked.
"Yeah. Sure you're gonna be okay with my mom?" Josh asked.
"Yeah, let's go," Maya said as she jumped out of bed.

~

"So how is the pregnancy so far for you?" Amy asked.

It's been about two days later since they got to Philadelphia and now Maya was just trying to get along with Amy.
She was much more supportive than she was supposed to be and Maya loved that.

"It's okay. Nausea pretty bad but besides that I'm doing good," Maya said.
"I'm glad. Does anyone know?" Amy asked and Maya shook her head.
"We're gonna wait until later," Maya said.
"How come?"
"I want to be further before we tell anyone. Besides, Cory has no idea we're even dating so I need time to figure out how to tell them," Maya said.