Chapter 21

The next week, Thanksgiving.
Maya was as per usual over at NYU which wasn't that crazy after everything she has been through.
She looked over at Josh where he was talking to Joseph as she helped Sofia.
She smiled as she continued to cut up some fruit.

Maya's outfit

"He's lucky," Sofia said making Maya looked at her

"How come?" Maya asked.
"You are a amazing girl. He's lucky to have you. Considering what he has done with you, it's a miracle you trust him," Sofia said.
"I'm actually lucky," Maya said.

Maya has spoken to her parents about the move and since they are going to be spending a lot of time awyw from home they think it might be better if Maya does stay with Josh so she can just be safe.
But Maya could hear that her mother wasn't for it.
As a girl who got pregnant at eighteen she really doesn't see why it was necessary for Maya to move in with him but she also does understand why she feels unsave.
Ever since the break-in Katy has so struggled when Shawn isn't constantly with her but she has gotten better.
Her daughter on the other hand didn't get any better at all.
Maya finished up with what she was busy before she went to sit down next to Josh.

"So, how can your parents allow a sixteen year old girl to move in with a nineteen year old?" Joseph asked.
"They just want me to be safe and they are gone a lot as well," Maya said as she threw her arm around Josh's shoulders.
"Can't be that bad. You're sixteen," Sofia said.
"Why do you think did my brother raise her? I don't know what her mother thinks but definitely nothing good," Josh said.
"They're young. People in their middle thirties shouldn't have to be worried about a teenage girl just yet. Besides, I think traveling would do them good," Maya said.
"Yeah, it would. Shawn Hunter can not sit still," Josh said and Maya smiled.
"Okay so let's celebrate then. To you guys starting a new life together," Sofia said.
"To Joshaya," Joseph said.
"To Joshaya," Maya and Josh softly said and Josh pulled Maya in close.