Chapter 30

Friday morning and both Joshaya was just finishing up the packing.
Since they were gonna stay at Josh's parents for awhile Maya thought it would be good to just be prepared.
And Maya also knows Amy.
She'll say everything is fine and then it won't be but that is something so typical with a Matthew.

"Listen, why don't we just leave it? With the rent going up and so, can we really afford this trip?"

Maya rolled her eyes as she looked at her boyfriend.
She let out a laugh as she finally zipped up her suitcase.

"Boing, I know you want everything to be okay but it's fine if it's not. I'm prepared for whatever your mom throws at me. If she asks about our living arrangements I have that cover. It will be good if we go to spend the holiday with them," Maya said.
"I know. I just don't want you to get ambushed," Josh said.
"If she does I have an answer for 90% of her questions. Let's load and head out," Maya said.

~

Two hours later and finally the road trip has come to an end.
Joshaya were at the Matthews house and definitely the first thing that happened was that Alan and Josh started to talk about the business.
Maya smiles as she stands up from where she was sitting walking over to Amy.

"Now, I'm actually glad I brought him here. Looks like Mr Matthews needed to talk a bit about the guy stuff," Maya said and Amy smiled.
"Yeah. Thank you, Maya. I know this is probably hard for you. You have to face everything on your own and with Riley gone..."
"I'm happy. He makes me happy. To say the truth I actually do think I haven't been this happy in years. I think I can honestly say this has been my best move yet. Josh makes me happy and I'll never want my life any different," Maya said.
"I'm happy for you guys then. But even more that I have my son with me. Thank you, Maya," Amy said.