Chapter 31

It was early the next morning and Maya woke up.
She stretched as she came up seeing in what room she was.
Of course she was in Cory's room and the entire place was filled with pictures of him and Topanga from high school as well as the kids.
She sighed as she quickly got dressed and brushed her hair then Amy came in.

"Morning dear. Some warm tea. You're up early," Amy said.
"Thank you. Yeah, I got into this routine of waking up very early," Maya said.
"It's nice that my son has a friend like you," Amy said and Maya looked at her.
"I'm lucky to have him in my life," Maya said.
"He just needs to find a girlfriend now. He's almost twenty. At that age Cory had a one year old. I better get started with other things. Breakfast will be at seven," Amy said and left the room.

Maya sigh as she takes the picture frame in her hand of a day very long ago.
She smiles at the memory of her best friend and let's put a chuckle.
She can't believe that was eleven, almost twelve years ago.
She can't.
Now she has to believe it.

~

"What did you tell your mother about us?"

Of course Maya did corner Josh about the fact that she was a good friend to him while both knew the truth.

"What do you mean?" Josh asked.
"Joshua, did you tell your mother about us?" Maya asked.
"Nothing yet. Why?" Josh asked.
"Because early this morning she came to me and said I'm a good friend to you and you need a girlfriend. You need to tell them about us," Josh said.
"I know. I just need awhile to get everything figured out," Josh said and Maya sighed.
"Really, Josh?" Maya said and was off.