25. The Secrets

・ 🥀 ・

Everyone is eating with delight and sometimes they would praise Jin's mom cook.

"Like mom like son,"

"it so delicious, i'm crying tasting this" and so on.

Just two person ate the food silently. Jeon Jungkook and Min Yoongi. Jungkook at least would smile to their reaction and comments while Suga, it looks like he was eating but he his soul has gone nowhere. Like he has fallen in a very deep thought.

"Err…hyung, the chicken you're biting on is now a bone. You're not going to eat the bone too, right?" Jungkook brought him back to reality. Suga blinked his eyes. Everyone is looking at him now.

"I guess mom's chicken tasted so good that he even wanna eat the bones." Jin tried to loosen the situation by cracking a joke. Luckily they buy the joke. Suga grinned like a fool on his seat and shyly put down the bone.

"You can take my chicken hyung." Jimin, who sat beside him gave him his chicken.

"No its okay." Suga refused to accept but Jimin had already put it on his plate.

"I gonna refill the plate. Chicken is everyone's first love I guess." Mrs. Kim stood up and take the plate passed by her son. They laughed again. Nice. The atmosphere is back to normal.

Suga slightly smile and tossed the chicken gave by Jimin instead of eating it. He sensed someone was watching so that he lifted up his head. It was Jungkook. Jungkook was staring at him with mixed expression written on his face. Suga look back down to the chicken and chew it.
Jungkook swallowed his food hardly. He doesn't know what was that hyung is thinking now. He is afraid if Suga would start to grow hates to him.

Before the dinner,

Suga P.O.V

I stared to his eyes and asked, "What do you mean?"

Jungkook seemed scared. I can see it from his shaking eyes and lips hesitating to utter the explanation. Really. I need an explanation. I have heard before, that my dad was not the one in fault of their separation. I don't know accurately if it was mom's. Like seriously? She's the one who get treated like a sinner back then. If so, what did she do wrong to deserve that?

"Whatever the reason is, please don't hate Jungkookie and his dad. Please just hate me instead."

Mom's word not long ago rang back into my mind. She asked me to hate her.

"Jungkook." I snapped since he fell in his own thought just like me. He took a deep breath,

"Hyung, it will be better if you talk to your dad first. And then ask him to explain it instead." Jungkook's answer made me dumbfounded.

What?

"Hyung, I'm sorry but he needs to explain it himself and tell you why he kept it as secret. Knowing it from me, will just make you feel madder." I frown even harder because I didn't get what he meant. He grabbed my hand and held on it tightly. His eyes were teary.

"Hyung, trust me. It hurts the most when you know from someone else aside from that person. I have gone through it. I knew it all by myself. I learned the truth by myself. I braced myself to ask mom and she did admit her faults. So hyung, please, talk to your dad." His tears dropped down to his cheek.

I pulled him into my embrace. I wonder what kind of truth was that hurt him badly and even run from home that day. But I made a promise that I will be a good hyung. So I held my curiousness and calming him instead. I can't think of any deduction as I am attacked by mental breakdown.