•|2|•

Kennedy

Knocking on my front door broke me out of my thoughts, going towards it I signaled for my dog Hercules to stop braking.

"Who gave you my address?" I ask coldly to Kevin who was standing on my porch when I opened the door

"Man chill, I just wanted to apologize for yesterday. I've never hit a female before and I just wanna set the record straight"

"Alright, you can leave now" I nod waiting for him to walk away but he didn't "um hello? I said leave"

"Nah I wanna chill with you, get to know you" Kevin shakes his head

"Aye Kennedy! Lemme get a dolla !" My crackhead of a brother yells from across the street, making me smack my lips

"Get some help nigga!" I yelled back, widening the door I stepped aside waiting for him to come in

Hercules growled lowly from behind me to watch Kevin enter. Once I closed the door Hercules growled louder getting into a defensive stance.

"Damn that's a big ass dog" Kevin mumbles eyeing Hercules

"Hercules, silence" I snap, going into the living room with Kevin following behind me.

The growls stop immediately, Hercules came into the living room a few moments later sitting beside my chair as Kevin sat on the couch across from me.

"If you try anything Hercules will tear into your face without a second thought" I informed him confidently

Hercules is a Great Dane who's also my guard and emotional support dog, he listens to every command I give him and obeys when I tell him to do anything.

"I gotcha" Kevin nods

"Aren't you supposed to be some big timing rapper? Why are you here bugging me?"

"I already told you, I wanna get to know you"

"What you wanna know me fa? My name run deep in these streets, ask about me. No need to sit in my face"

"I wanna know you on a personal level" he explains leaning forward earning a warning growl from Hercules "I don't mean no harm, tell ya horse stand down"

"Hercules" I mumble snapping my fingers pointing downward "you wanna get to know me so you can set me up? I don't think so"

"Nah shawty, it ain't like that. I'm deadass tryna see what you're about. I'm being straightforward with you, I wanna date you but I need to know you first"

"Who said I was interested in you?" I question leaning forward until our faces were inches away

"You wouldn't have invited me in if you weren't" Kevin smirks running his thumb against my chin

"Hercules, upstairs now" I waved my hand dismissively when I heard him growl. He huffs before going upstairs looking back at us briefly.

"Am I right?" Kevin whispers inching closer

"I just wanna fuck" I half-lied with a shrug, pushing him back slightly.

He caught onto my arm pulling me onto his lap, I tried to get up but he held me down raising an eyebrow.

"That's dead, this dick comes with feelings shawty. It's all or nothing with me"

"I guess I want nothing" I shrug again, staring at his lips

"Seems like you want a kiss" he chuckles gripping my chin "is that what you want?"

Nodding subconsciously I leaned in pressing my lips against his, he moved his hands down my backstopping at my butt once the kiss started heating up.

Pulling away I wiped my lipgloss off the sides of his lips before looking up into his eyes.

"You won't get what you're looking for. I don't catch feelings, I cash checks"

"I'll change that, you gon catch em" he nods

"I'm not loyal" I stated truthfully

"I'll change that too"

"I don't take my meds daily, I could flip out and kill the both of us" which is also true

"I'll die knowing I tried" he shrugs pecking my lips

I nod thinking of a way to scare him off, prying his hands off my waist I sat beside him crossing my legs underneath me.

"Let's play two truths and one lie"

"Alright, you go first" he nods

"I went to jail for attempted murder, I went to jail for assaulting a police officer, I went to jail for poisoning one of my ex's boyfriend"

"Mm attempted murder?"

"Nope, I went to jail for all of those reasons. I also killed a person too in cold blood but I didn't get caught for that" I chuckle lowly "there was no lie, your turn"

"I listen to gospel music every Saturday when I clean my house, I went to jail five times within four months, I have two baby mommas"

Squinting eyes I tilted my head thinking, he mimicked my actions causing me to laugh.

"I can't see you listening to gospel music" I shook my head with a faint smile

"It's the truth" he chuckles

"So what's the lie?" I frown

"Me having two baby mommas, I only have one"

"And you have how many kids?" I question leaning back raising an eyebrow

"Two, boy and girl"

"I don't plan on playing step mommy, sorry" I got up going into the kitchen, taking two sprites out of the refrigerator I gave one to Kevin

"Thanks" he murmurs before opening and downing half the bottle "I didn't ask you to play anything, I'm just being straightforward and letting you know about my kids now so it wouldn't be a surprise later down the road"

Knocking at the front door interrupted our conversation, Hercules came halfway down the stairs staring at the door.

"I'll be back" I told Kevin, going and opening the door

"Kenny! I missed you!" Hezekiah shouts flinging himself onto my legs

Hezekiah is three years old and is a big ball of energy, he's my nephew. The only good thing that came from Jeremiah.

"I missed you more, Kiah. Where's your mom?" I ask knowing she couldn't be that far behind him

"She had to go to work, Lucky told her I could stay with you since you're back"

Looking outside I saw her backing out of my driveway waving at me, flicking her off I closed the door going back into the living room. Mariah never comes inside my house, she always stays I'm a temptation she doesn't need to have.

"Kevin this is my nephew Hezekiah" I introduced him

"Wassup lil man" Kevin nods looking up from his phone

"Is he your boyfriend auntie? Lucky said I was getting another uncle" Hezekiah states holding his hand out to Kevin, waiting for Kevin to shake his hand

"I'll be her boyfriend soon enough" Kevin nods smirking at me while shaking his hand

"Be good to my auntie, I'll kick your butt if you be mean to her" Hezekiah points at him sternly before runnings towards the stairs calling out to Hercules who comes down the stairs slowly towards him.

Once he was at the bottom of the stairs, Hezekiah went up two steps before jumping on his back.

"To the kitchen!" Hezekiah giggles as Hercules walks to the kitchen slowly

"You just gon let him ride that dog like a horse?" Kevin chuckles sloughing on the couch glancing at me than his phone

"Yeah, Hercules isn't going to run or do anything crazy with Kiah on his back" I shrug turning on the tv

"Auntie Kenny, can I have a juice box?" Hezekiah shouts from the kitchen

"Yeah go ahead!" I yelled back