•|43|•

KENNEDY

"You had to do that while I'm sitting right here?"

"Nobody told you to come in here"

"I can't believe babies get to drink that shit every day and nobody says nothing about it but when I do it it's a problem"

"There's plenty of men who drink breastmilk, you shouldn't do it because I'm supposed to be giving it away to moms who needs it"

"Alright, so when you done I can have some titty?"

"Can I have some pussy?" I shot back raising an eyebrow turning the pump off, twisting the bottles off, and placing the lids I took the suction cups off pulling my shirt down.

Shoota bought this yesterday as promised, it's different from the one I had and hella uncomfortable.

"Kennedy don't play with me"

"Lame ass" chucking I put the bottles in the mini-fridge beside my bed, laying on my back I gestured for Shoota to come closer. "pop that pussy for me"

"Keep it up" side-eyeing me he rolled over onto his side putting his phone in my face. "looka this fuck nigga, this who y'all let steal y'all girlfriends"

"Get that shit out my face" laughing I covered my face with my hands. "I didn't steal nobody's girlfriend"

"You fucked Mark's girl the first night you got out of jail"

"No, I don't think I did"

"Keep lying to yourself"

After a while, Shoota inched closer laying his head on my stomach slowly moving his hands under my shirt grabbing my breast.

Rolling my eyes I pulled the comforter over his head when the room door opened, Lucky came in with Bj on his back.

"Hi Mama" Bj waves

"Hey Bubbi" reaching up I took him into my arms kissing his cheek. "did you eat?"

"I'm bout to" Shoota mumbles from underneath the covers moving my shirt putting my breast into his mouth.

Somebody come get my second son

"Move dickhead" reaching under the cover I pushed his head off my chest. "You get on my nerves"

"Y'all been fucking?" Lucky asks side-eyeing us

"No, he wants titty"

Bj sat beside us picking up the remote changing the channel to bubble guppies.

Shoota turned and started sucking on my other breast.

"Kymani!"

"Let me live woman!" he shouts back pinching my stomach

"Lucky get yo homeboy"

"I don't have nothing to do with that" holding his hands up in surrender he shook his head, sitting in the rocking chair I bought during my pregnancy. "I wanted to talk to you about your brother"

Shoota got up quickly mumbling he has to check on something.

Covering myself I looked at Lucky who yelled and dragged Shoota back to me.

The fuck?

"Nah nigga sit yo ass down" Lucky says to him

"Mmcht man damn" groaning Shoota laid down on his stomach beside Bj. "wassup B"

"Hi Toota" Bj responds patting Shoota's head

"Ok, what's so important?" I question

"Jeremiah is being released from jail at the end of the week"

He's bein—Ima kill—Ugh

"Ken. . ."

My left eye and sides of my mouth twitched at the thought of that dude walking around freely.

He's taken so much away from me throughout our lives each time I'd find a way to forgive him but this time I want his head.

I want that bitch on a stick

Bj poked my face distracting me from my thoughts asking for juice.

"I'll get it" Shoota glanced at Lucky leaving the room with Bj trailing behind him

"Kennedy?"

"Why?"

"He's getting out on good behavior, he's been sober for a year and a few months. He's ready to amend hi—"

"Stop talking"

Lucky's trying to make it seem like Jeremiah's just some model citizen when that's not the case.

"He wants to see you when he comes home"

"Kenny, my daddy on the phone" Hezekiah smiles coming into the room. "he wants to talk to you"

"No Kiah"

"Kennedy just talk-" Lucky starts

"Shut the fuck up!" I snap scaring Bj as he came in, his lip quivered seconds later he began crying. "No, I'm sorry Bubbi"

Reaching for him he took a step back turning away, Shoota came in behind him picking him up consoling him.

"You straight B, mama ain't mean it" Shoota tells him

Sighing I got up and left the room going into the backyard sitting on the stairs.

Just thinking about Jeremiah pisses me off to no extent, I wish he was never born.

Everything bad in my life started with him, I followed in his footsteps thinking they were my only option and it made me hate myself in ways more than one.

Now he's about to be a free man once again and now my fucking baby is scared of me, what the fuck.

I need a blunt

As of reading my thoughts, Shoota stepped onto the patio handing me a lit blunt sitting beside me.

"B isn't afraid of you"

"You didn't see the way he looked at me"

"I didn't have to, you scared him that's all"

"Tell that bullshit to somebody else"

"It's not bullshit, this is his first time seeing you upset he wasn't sure how to react"

"I don't need you to come up with theories to make me feel better Kymani, leave me alone"

"No, talk to me"

"What's the real reason behind him getting out?"

"There too many potholes in his case to keep him there and they lost the only evidence pinning him to the murder"

"Bullshit"

"You should hear him out"

"Shoota get up out my face with that"

"Read the letters he's written you"

"Why are y'all so hell bend on getting me to communicate with this nigga? He's like a parasite and y'all won't let him die"

"Because he's your brother, I know he's done you wrong but that's still your family. Look at things from his eyes"

"No that's bullshit, he doesn't get to be forgiven this time. I'm tired of being the bigger person. Hezekiah is the only person he needs to worry about when he gets out. His apartment is still being paid for so he doesn't need to come here. I swear on my baby if he steps foot on my property I'm beating his ass"

"Alright"