•|35|•

KENNEDY
|two weeks later|

"Do you have to leave again Kenny?"

"It's starting to look like I do, for your safety I think I need to go and find myself. Lately, I've been having really bad thoughts and I don't trust myself around you alone" looking at the number the guy from the mental health group therapy meetings gave me.

I've been attending those kinds of meetings for the past two weeks, he told me to call this number and an old friend of his would help me.

I was told not to give her his name or she wouldn't help me, I'm assuming they left off on bad terms or some shit.

I think his name started with an M... Matthews, Marcus, or was it Marlon I don't know. I don't remember the damn name so he has nothing to worry about.

"You gonna call me every day?" Hezekiah sighs laying his head on my shoulder

"Of course, when I come back we'll fix up your room and get you a new bed so you can live with me alright? This is the last time I plan on going away, I swear"

"You mean it?" tossing his head up he hugs my neck tightly.

"Have I ever lied to you before?"

"No!"

"Ok, all I need you to do is stay positive and be good for Lucky. There's money in your bag but only use if you go out with Kevin's kids. Make sure your phone stays charged too"

"Okay"

"I'm going to miss you so much babycakes" pulling him into a hug and pressing a soft kiss to his cheek I sent him off towards Lucky and a group of old friends.

"Aye Ken hold up!"

"Let me be"

"How long are you going to avoid me? I know you're upset but come on it's me"

"Why didn't you tell me my brother is the reason Bubba's dead?" fiddling with the end of my shift, I looked up at Shoota through dull lit eyes

He took a step back in shock failing to vocalize his thoughts.

Wow so I'm right

"Who told you that?"

"You just did, he's the only person I haven't seen since I came home and you told me at the hospital he's been missing coincidently around the same time Bubba went into the hospital. You always say you never lie to me but you did by keeping this from me. Can you protect Hezekiah or do I need to stay and do it myself?"

"Ken, how was I supposed to tell you that? That's your blood brother, we knew what would happen even Bubba himself said not to tell you"

"Bubba meant more to me than Jeremiah, hell he was the other half of me! Jeremiah wasn't there when my mom tried to sell me for heroin, Bubba was. Jeremiah wasn't there for me when my mom and stepdad tried to light me on fire or comfort me when I accidentally took my mom's life. For him to be my brother he's never acted like it even now I'm raising his child while he's running around in the streets doing who knows what. Jeremiah and I might share the same DNA but he'll never be considered family, not after this shit"

"Ima let you have it, I'm not gonna argue with you but you know damn well I was there too. I was by your side no matter who you had a problem with or how much damage you did. Take care of yourself and hurry back to us" hugging me briefly he went back to the group. "love ya"

Fuck you