•|52|•

KYMANI

"You like it?"

Looking from my phone to her hand I nod in agreement

This is the twelfth ring she's looked at, most of them being white gold or rose gold diamond rings.

Three of them caught my eye, one had a pear shape with small diamonds around the middle, a halo ring in the shape of a flower, and some other shit with a big ass diamond that's gone cost me an ass of money.

"Yeah, you?"

Nodding she walked away towards the employee that was helping her.

Damn her ass moving too much in them leggings

After a while, she came back to me asking to leave.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing, I can't pick between any of them. You can choose one"

"Ight"

Grabbing my hand she led me out of the store and into the mall, giving her a look I debated if I should tell her no or not.

Leaning into my side Kennedy pulled me into Chanel.

"I'm only buying two bags, pick wisely"

"I knew you loved me the long way, all that bullshit you talk about not buying anymore. I knew it was cap" grinning she left my side to roam the store

"Spoil ass girl" taking a seat on the provided couch I watched her shop amusingly

Occasionally she'd turn to face me holding up a handbag and raising her eyebrow, in response I'd shake or nod my head depending on the color and shape.

"Cuse me, lemme get the Cloudy Pearly Goatskin & Gold-Tone Metal
Light Pink handbag" Kennedy says loudly to the employee who walked past her.

"Sure" forcing a smile the employee turned and went to the back of the store

"C'mere Ken" waving her over before she could think of anything in retaliation I asked if she saw anything else she wanted

"No I'm ready to go after this" standing between my legs she crossed her arms looking down at me. "who was she being funny with?"

"She's young, you know how these teenagers get. Let it slide"

"Ima slide her mama" mumbling to herself Kennedy nods moving away when the girl returned with a box telling us she'll check us out. "ugly ass lil girl"

This damn girl gon get us banned

"Take a seat and I'll go pay"

Switching positions I left no room for discussion as I walked away to the register and checked out.

I know she didn't have me buy this small bag for ten thousand dollars

I better be getting toe curling head for the rest of the year

Making my way back to Kennedy while reading the receipt I heard a string of curse words and things hitting the floor.

I looked up just in time to see Dreka lunging at Kennedy who sat on the couch looking at a pair of heels.

From the angle, Dreka came from it gave Kennedy no time to react, in an instant she was on the floor with her eyes twitching staring at me blankly.

Shit shit shit shit

Dreka was on her completely before I could grab her, pulling Kennedy's hair and punching her head she yelled about how she ruined her life.

Snatching Dreka off my girl I held Kennedy up brushing her off and trying to calm her down.

I could tell by the way her eyes dilated and the blank look on her face she was no longer there mentally.

Dreka stood up quickly attempting to punch Kennedy again, only this time I was able to stop it.

"Aye chill the fuck out in these people's store, act yo fucking age and talk it out before Kennedy kills yo dumbass in here" shoving her backward I kept space between them as I led Kennedy out the store and mall.

As we walked through the parking lot Dreka followed us talking shit trying to get a reaction from Kennedy, who surprisingly said nothing.

The moment my hand touched the passenger door handle Dreka threw a bottle of water at us which caused Kennedy to snap.

I warned her

She finna end up on a stretcher just like her baby daddy

Leaning against the truck I watched Kennedy's body slam Dreka into the ground and stomp her out repeatedly.

It wasn't until Dreka started coughing blood did I put an end to the fight.

"Alright Baby, let's go" lifting her by her waist I carried her to the passenger side and sat her in the seat then closed the door and rounded the truck.

Glancing at Dreka's knocked-out body I shook my head as I got in the driver's seat.

Dickhead

Four hours passed since the incident with Dreka, and Kennedy has yet to say anything about it or in general.

I can tell she's back to her usual self by her body language and clinginess.

She's laying across my lap as I'm playing the game with my homeboys, watching TikTok's.

Periodically she'd laugh or hum letting me know she's somewhat enjoying herself.

Pausing the game I tugged her shirt getting her attention.

"You know she fucked up yo wig right?" I couldn't help but notice the split in the lace from it being pulled

Nodding she didn't bother verbally answering

"How are you feeling?"

"Eh"

"Talk to me, Ken. Whatcha wanna do about this?"

"Nothing"

Nothing? Kennedy Ashanti Denmark doesn't want to retaliate?

"Ok"

"I miss my baby" picking up her phone she called Game, within the first three rings the call connected. "where's my baby?"

"I'm here Mama!" Bj giggles bringing the phone to his face. "Miss you!"

"Hey Bubbi, I miss you more. Did you use the toilet?"

"Mm no, poop in the potty"

"He shitted in the toilet and piss in the pull-up" Game speaks up in the background

"No Lulu don't say that!" Bj whines knowing he's supposed to use the bathroom for both

"I'm proud of you for pooping in the potty Bubbi, make sure to pee in the potty too okay?"

"Okay, you mad?"

"No, I'm not mad"

"Miss my Toota and truck"

"I'll come get you in a little bit B, I miss you too"

"Ok, love you Toota and Mama"

"We love you too Bubbi" pouting Kennedy hung up knowing that's Bj implying he was about to walk away from the phone and other things.

Checking the time I realized it was close to eight o'clock.

"Get dressed, Baby we bouta go"

"How should dress? Comfortable or sexy?"

"Both"

Smiling she stood up raising an eyebrow, going into her closet she closed the door saying okay.

.