Chapter Thirty-Eight

LISA

"U-um, why did you come here, again?" She stammers nervously as I catch her looking at my unbelievably fantastic abs.

Looking at her morning face, my stupid eyes couldn't seem to look away. She is so adorable for her petite body and kitten face. Kitten? I shake it off. I seem to hear or use it somewhere, but I can't even put a finger on it. Anyway, this nickname suits her.

"Well, Kitten. I think-" I halt, seeing her face turn white and shocked at the same time. "What?" I inquire impatiently. What's wrong with her?

"What did you call me?" She finally asks back. "Uh, I don't know. I just feel it suits you." I smile.

"You can do whatever you want. I need to go to the bathroom." She turns cold immediately, heading to the bathroom, not even waiting for my answer, or maybe asking if I want to have a cup of coffee or not. She is rude. I wonder why my mom insists on having her be our employee.

You can say I am a little intruder, but I don't care. Heading to her kitchen, I make a cup of coffee for myself and another for her. I laugh softly. Truthfully, this is the first time that I actually make my coffee myself when visiting people.

I put two cups of coffee on a gray tray, going back to her living room when I hear her saying something on the phone.

"Jisoo, I can't... I am afraid she will get a relapse or something, and I can't lose her again... no, she is okay right now. I want you to help me to get another job..."

I put the tray on the table near her couch loudly. Silent and pale, she turns to me, clutching her chest as if she saw a ghost. She hangs up suddenly, "Bye, Jisoo. I need to go."

"Why are you still here? I thought you are going-"

My anger spreads across the room as she tenses in anticipation, "If you don't want the job, just spill your gut. You don't have to have someone to find a job for you right now, to escape from me." I bite my lip to avoid shouting in frustration and don't get me wrong because I'm not really sure of why she doesn't want to work with me anyway. Maybe, I was a badass to her yesterday at the hospital?

"Lisa, I don't mean to-"

"I ask you one more time. You work with me or not, and I came here to get the answer. Today." I say seriously.

She gazes at her window pensively, not uttering a word. I am about to think that she doesn't respond to me when she asks me, "Should I?" She turns to look at me in a not-knowing-what-to-do way.

"I think she should if you want." I reason out. I don't know why, but now she becomes like a lost kitten again. She goes to sit on the couch with her head between her small hands, looking down at her feet. I eventually take time to realize what she is wearing. Clad in a white robe, she is so fragile and tiny compared to me even if I am skinny as hell, but I think it is because of my height.

"Look, I don't want to put any pressure on you, but if you don't want, I know I can't force you into doing it no matter how much I want you to work for me." I finally sit next to her.

"I want, but I shouldn't." She utters softly as if she doesn't want me to hear. I take her hand in mine, "Give it a chance, Jennie. This job is good for you. You can be my PA a few months, and I am sure after that you will be promoted to be a manager or something higher." I smile.

She hesitates, "But, I-"

"Please," I plead. I don't remember the last time I try to plead people, but I know this is the first time in the last few years.

"Okay," She forces a smile before my crazy arms instinctively grab her in a hug. She feels so good in my embrace. I thank my mom in the back of my head for choosing the right PA to work with me.

---

One week after that day, I am waiting in my office to welcome my new personal assistant. This is the first day that Jennie will work with me, and I am lying if I say I don't feel excited. After that day, I rarely see her in person; I am very busy with work, and she is busy with finding new apartment stuff.

A soft knock on my door occurs as I get up from my chair to open it by myself. I smile along the way, knowing that she is the one who comes in this time.

I open the door, revealing a stunning petite woman in front of me. With her hair tied up in a beautiful ponytail, her white blouse tucked inside her black pencil skirt, she looks like an angel. Her face is a baby with that gummy smile she is wearing, "Hi, Ms. Manoban." Her voice greets me in a business kind of way.

"Umm, Hi." I have to clear my throat to boost my confidence. I widen the door for her to come inside as she heads to my desk with her full ass swaying incredibly aesthetically from side to side. Fuck! What am I saying? This is Jennie. Even if I don't really know her, I am sure as hell she will dig my eyes out of my sockets immediately when she realizes I am looking at her butt right now. That thought alone makes me avert my eyes away as I follow her and sit in front of her chair.

"So, you'll start your job today, and I've already told someone to decorate your office beside mine. If I need something, I will call you through the office phone, okay?"

She nods, displaying a smile on her lips. "So, I can go to my office now?"

"Yeah,"

She gets up and about to go outside when I call her, "Jennie, thank you again." Shooting me an amused grin, she finally is out of my sight to work.

Sighing in relief, I dial my mom's number, "Hello mom, Jennie is in our company now."

"Really? Wow, Lisa. You are so talented. HAHA."

I frown even though I know that she couldn't see it. "Mom, you act like she is an angel coming from heaven that I have to do everything for her to work in our company. Not to mention, I have achieved a lot of things, and I feel this time you show too much proud among all of them."

I hear her scoffing slightly before uttering, "Look, Lisa. I couldn't believe you can convince her, okay? She is a little stubborn, so she comes to work with you is surely a difficult thing you can do for me."

"Mom, not a little stubborn." Then, we laugh together, knowingly.

"Anyway, thank you. I can decrease my work now, and take some rest without worrying about your health at work. You know, she will take care of you well than any other person." She turns to a serious tone instantly.

"She is not a doctor, right?" I joke.

"Monkey, don't piss her off. Anyway, I have to go now. I love you." She giggles and hangs up.

I put my phone back in my pocket, not realizing that I smile the entire time as I wonder what the real relationship is between mom and her, or me and her?

I shake the thought off, not wanting to dig deeper.

Looking up, I scowl at the sight in front of me. Even though my office is different from Jennie's, the glass between the two rooms allows me to see her vividly. She is talking to Hanbin from another department as he smiles widely to her as if he knows her for a lifetime. I dial the desk phone impatiently.

She looks apologetically to Hanbin before picking it up, "Uh, Hello. What do you-"

"Come inside." I hang up instantly before she can answer. She tells something to Hanbin as he leaves the room with that fucking grin on his face again.

The door cracks open. "Well?" She asks.

I don't respond when she inquires again, "What's going on? If you need anything, please tell me." I still don't answer her.

"If you don't need anything, I will go now."

"Do you know him?" I finally ask.

"Who?" She looks confused, but I don't give up. "Hanbin?! Who else talking to you a few moments ago?"

"Why do you know-" She stops when a realization hits her as she glances at the glass surrounding her. "I forgot that you can see me, but I can't see you from my office." She looks annoyed, trying to calm down.

My Arrogant BossOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara