Chapter Fifteen

JENNIE

After saying sorry, she starts to sleep and turns to the other side as I do the same. I don't know how to feel now. When she kissed me, everything that happened around me disappeared. It is like only her and me.

I feel so confused with myself right now, not knowing why I was angry or maybe a little frustrated when she stopped, but half of me thanks to her that she could stop herself from going further.

I know that if she continues, one of us will regret it in the morning, so that's the right way to do.

---

I get up due to the sound of someone knocking my door, turning to the other side, seeing that Lisa is already gone. Before going to open the door, something catches my eyes. It's a small letter on the table beside our bed.

Jennie,

Sorry for what happened last night. I don't want you to feel uncomfortable around me in the morning, so I decide not to wake you up, but hopefully, everything will be normal for the both of us when I come back because I am afraid that you would stop cooking for me. You know, I have already missed your food. Anyway, I am at the meeting right now, therefore you and Jisoo can go wherever you want. Enjoy yourself, okay?

From Lisa,

I smile at the letter, so she does care about my feelings, putting the letter inside the desk. I go to open the door.

"Jennie, what took you so long?" Jisoo asks. She has already dressed. She is wearing a simple blue dress as I tell her to go inside. She looks beautiful even with that simple clothes.

"Sorry, Chu. I just woke up." We head to the living room and sit there.

"Last night, where did your boss sleep? It has only one bed." She looks at the bed.

"Um, she slept on the bed," I tell her, looking away from her gaze.

"So, you slept on the couch?" She asks as I hand her a glass of water. "No, I also slept on the bed."

Before she could drink, I tell her the truth that makes her look at me with wide eyes, "What!!"

"Don't shout, Chu. Nothing happened." I say, feeling my cheeks warm because of last night. She furrows her brows, "But, I didn't say anything happened. Jennie, I swear if you lie something to me, I won't forgive you."

"Okay, I won't lie." I smirk as an idea pops in my head, "So, what happens between you and Chaeng." As the question comes out of my mouth, I see her sweat rolling down from her forehead.

"What? Chaeng and I, we are just friends." She says, looking away from my eyes.

"If I ask her the same question, would she answer the same as you? I know Chaeng doesn't consider you as her friend."

This time, she looks at me and asks, "So, what? If it's not a friend." She asks with brows curving together.

"Chu, even if you and she knows each other for a short time, I can see that Chaeng likes you," I say as I grab both her hands in mine.

"Really?" She asks in disbelief. I am younger than Chu, and she is like my older sister, but when it comes to something like this, she has no idea about it, so as a good little sister, I will help her.

Help yourself first! Does your crush love you back? My mind tells me.

I don't have a crush. I retort.