Prologue

WARNING: [ NO TRANSLATION OR ADAPTATION ALLOWED ] - Solely Created for Jenlisa💌

© IMAEntertainer 2019 ✔

*****

JENNIE

Working as a barista in a fancy coffee shop in Seoul is the only thing that makes me feel contented and warm at the same time because of earning enough money for a living. Also, I get to work with my best friend, who is a manager there.

Jisoo is the only person that I consider as my only family who I have and lean on since I was in eighteen years old. We studied at the same class in high school, and the most coincident thing is we were going to the same university.

That's why we are really closed now. She helped me to get a job and supports me every time. She's with me through thick and thin, up and down. Well, I really appreciate our friendship.

I live in a small apartment in Seoul; it's a little messed up there since I have no time to look after it, and honestly, I don't have enough money to get a better place; I can, but I would rather keep some money to help others, buying foods and drinks for people who really need it.

Jisoo always insists on staying with me, helping me with the rental fee, so I can live in a much better apartment than this one, but I deny it, of course, because I don't want her to be away from her parents.

I know her parents very well, and they love Jisoo very much that they don't want her only daughter to be away which I understand very well, so I decide to live alone instead of breaking a family, right?

Putting on a thick jacket, I walk to my coffee shop where I work since it's located across my apartment. My work shift starts at 10:00 A.M and ends at 6:00 in the evening. I arrive at my work place ten minutes early, so I have some time to prepare myself. I smile at my thought.

"Morning, Jen." My best friend greets me, smiling at me from ear to ear as I've already taken off my jacket and put an apron on instead.

"Morning, Chu." I greet back, showing my famous gummy smile to my best friend.

Jisoo and I are always like this since we knew each other. She loves making a joke to make me laugh all the time. Even by looking at her, I can smile.

Can't help, her face is kind of funny to me. In a good way. Without her, I don't know what to do because she is the only person I have.

Well, if you ask me about my parents, I don't know about them, either. I am still oblivious about that, too. One day, my parents gave me to the owner of one bakery shop since I was ten.

I worked in a bakery shop, assisting a manager by putting bread, cakes in order, and even cleaning the shop. I live with the owner since then.

I worked my ass off in that bakery; luckily the owner of the shop pity me, giving me enough money for going to school. If it's not, I wouldn't meet Jisoo at my twelfth grade.