Chapter Thirty-Six

LISA

When I pull back from the girl called 'Jisoo', I get so shocked as I get a hug from the other dark hair girl behind me. I look at Chaeng for help, and she bites her bottom lip and avoids my gaze. I am kind of uncomfortable, not knowing what to do because what the strangest feeling you have got when someone you don't even know hug you, right?

I tap on her shoulder slightly, "Um, w-who are you?" she tenses when she hears my voice.

The scariest thing is that she starts sobbing on my chest. I wonder if my voice is such that bad to make someone cry after I speak. "I am sorry, but-" She shakes her head, pulling away slowly from me. When I see the girl's face, I smile, "You were my friend, too?"

"Lisa, you don't get any headache or something?" Chaeng asks in concern.

I give an inquisitive look, "Why do I?"

"Oh, nothing. I just ask." I scowl at her nonsense, turning my attention back to the girl beside me. She has dark hair and a beautiful face. WOW.

She has already wiped her tears when she offers me a small smile that doesn't reach her eyes. "Yeah, I was your friend, and you forgot me. I hate you." She tries to joke, but I can see sadness in her eyes.

"Oh, really? I am sorry." I instinctively fling her in my arms again as she flinches a little before she relaxes. I glare at Chaeng, "You never told me about her?" I pull away, but she tightens my waist. I feel her warmth. It's so comfortable. Maybe, she is my best friend, too?

"I-I-uuh,-" Chaeng stammers.

The girl finally releases the hug, "I told her not to tell you."

"Why?"

"I have my reason."

Before I can ask further, Chaeng clears her throat. "I think we should go. I am sure these two are exhausted and sleepy and... hungry."

"These two are hungry or you, Chaeng?" I ask.

Everyone laughs while Chaeng mumbles something that looks like she is pissed at me. "All of us," She finally says and grabs her girlfriend's wrist. "Let's go." Leaving me and Jennie alone behind them.

"So, you were my friend, too?" I don't know what brings me to this question, but I have to make sure nothing went wrong between us because when I first met her eyes, I knew instantly that we have met before. Something told me that we are closed, yet so far.

Our connection.

She looks up, smiling sadly as she nods. Have I made her feel uncomfortable? If I try to remember, she was the one who hugged me, so I don't think she feels not good around me. No one embraces another person if they have discomfort, right?

After her small agreement by giving me a small nod, she doesn't say any other words which makes me feel frustrated without any reason.

"What's your name? May I ask?" I run, walking next to her.

"I am Jennie. Jennie Kim."

---

We settle in the car as the girls sit at the back, and Chaeng and I occupy the front seats. Suddenly, my phone buzzes, breaking the silence. I pick up, "Hello- wait, what? Where is she now? Okay, thanks."

"What's going on, Lisa? You look pale." Chaeng asks, concern in her voice.

"Mom is in the hospital now. She is not feeling well." My voice lowers, feeling so worried about her. Nowadays, she gets so stressed with all the work. But, no matter how much I try to stop her, she won't, stating that she feels bored or something.