Chapter Thiry-Four

LISA

Not knowing what happens to me nowadays, I just know that I am not really good at calming down. I don't know why I shout at her and throw all tantrum to her without knowing the real reason. Without asking her why she did that.

I glance at her, seeing Jennie wiping her eyes a little and opening the car door while I get panic because the rain is pouring heavily outside. "Jennie?"

"JENNIE!" I shout when she finally gets out of the car and runs to wherever I don't fucking know. I bolt to her, under the heavy rain.

Run

Run

Run!

I run until I reach her, grabbing her wrist before pulling her around to meet my eyes. She looks hurt, and I on the other hand look angry as she flinches when she looks up. We are in the middle of the rain, but my eyes refuse to close even though it's hurt from the sharp drops of water hitting my face. Now we are standing in the center of the road, but I can't let her go because I am scared that if I do, she will never come back.

Her face is red, and I wonder if she is crying now.

"Jennie, I-I... am sorry." I stammer. My heart sinks when she looks at her feet as she doesn't want to confront me. I know I have no reason to be jealous over Kai because Jennie is not that kind of girls, but I can't help it. Whenever he is around, I am afraid, scared of losing something precious in my life.

"Look at me, please." The only thing I can't stand in this life is that when the person I love don't even want to look at me, or even worse, hate me. I am unsure about her hatred, but I obviously am sure that she still loves me. Her heart is still with me.

The rain is still coming down heavily when I lift her face up to meet my gaze. She is a beautiful creature I have ever seen, and nothing is this world is giving me more satisfaction than the fact that she is mine. Only mine.

I lean forward, whispering to her ear, afraid that she couldn't hear because of noise from the rain. "We are going home, and I will explain to you everything. I promise telling you the truth, okay?" I pull back from her as she smiles bitterly, and I am about to smile back, but ...

Glancing at the back of her, I see a big truck driving so fast to our direction as my heart beats loudly, not knowing what is going on, she might sense my concern in my face as she tries to glance back, but I grab her shoulders tightly, pushing Jennie away to the other side when she confuses and widens her eyes more in horror.

"Lisaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!" That's what I hear before everything goes black. I close my eyes and darkness emerges my whole body, and the thing I am scared the most when everything goes without light is that I have no more opportunity to take care of Jennie and explain her everything. To make her believe me that I love her the most. Also, to ensure her that she owns my heart. Only her.

---

Three years later~

My office still seems pretty massive to me even though I have resumed the works for nearly three years now. After recovering from a six-month coma, finally I am able to go back to work. The room seems familiar to me. My mother asked someone to do it up again as she reasoned out that she wanted to make everything around me new because it won't make me feel headache whenever I try to remind myself about what happened the last year before I was crushed on the road and had a severe injury.

Something inside me the last few months is frustrating me.

It's like I want to do something for my happiness, but it wouldn't really come out as what I desire.