Chapter Five

JENNIE

When she goes to the bathroom, I am heading towards the kitchen to prepare dinner for us. There are a lot of expensive kitchen utensils that I've never used in my entire life, but I actually saw it in many advertisements on television.

I am fond of cooking when I was young, but I never had the opportunity to learn it from anyone. I was busy with everything that I could do to earn enough money to continue my studying.

I am really proud of myself, though. Even though I've never got the chance to learn from anyone, I can cook it if I've ever tasted the food once.

I open the fridge, impressed by what I see inside, including a lot of vegetables, different types of expensive meats, flours, eggs and other things needed for cooking and even baking.

I smile as I pick Kimchi, bacon from the fridge, attempting to cook a Kimchi fried rice for dinner. That is the most popular food I love the most in my life, but I eat only when I get a salary because I usually eat instant noodle, for I want to keep some money to do something better.

After finishing cooking my kimchi fried rice, I prepare it on the table neatly, waiting for my boss to come out. I am really hungry because I have eaten, yet since lunch, but I'd rather wait for her, for she is my boss, right?

For a while, I hear the bathroom cracked open revealing my boss coming out of the bathroom and walking to me.

She ties her hair in a high ponytail with her bangs covering her forehead, wearing a black hoodie, blue loose jeans and a pair of brand new sneakers. I think it looks hot on her.

No!

It just looks good on her.

"Earth to Jennie!"

"W-what?" I stutter.

"What were you thinking about?" She asks, furrowing her brows.

"Nothing," I answer shortly.

"I said that you can eat, and don't wait for me. I'm going out." She says, making me feel a little frustrated.

"Why? I mean-"

Her phone's ringing cutting me off from asking her any further.

She answers it immediately with a smile on her face and exciting tone, "Hello!"

"Yeah, I am going now. HAHA. Yeah, Yeah. Order whatever you want because tonight is my treat, okay?" She hangs it up.

"I have to go now, Jennie." She says as she runs to the door.

She stops at midway, "Oh, and your room is there. I've already taken your bags of clothes in there." She points to the room next to the living room across her room.

I nod.

By the tone she used with the person on the phone, I know that person must be really important to her. Since I've met her, that was the first time I saw her laugh. For real.

I sit on the table, eating alone. I feel a little sad because I thought at least she would taste my food, but it's okay for me since I always eat alone, anyway, or maybe with Jisoo.

Talking about Jisoo, I haven't talked to her, yet. I finish my dinner, washing the dishes, and heading to the dining room where I can see the beautiful view of the tall building around Seoul since it's surrounding with glasses.

I take my phone out of my pocket and dial Jisoo's number.

She picks it up on the second ring, "Hello, Chu"