Chapter Four

LISA

"She was sick and about to fall down the floor, and who knows what had happened if I didn't catch her in time. She would be lying there, bleeding alone on the floor. I don't know why she chose to walk by stairs, though. She said she wanted to do some exercises. I believed her, but when I saw you. I know the reason, now. YOU! You are the one who asked her to take those stairs, right?"

After knowing what happened to Jennie, I can't stop replaying that Kai's voice in my mind. I took a portfolio from her hand and head to the black SUV car waiting for me outside the building.

A chauffeur comes out and opens the door for me. I tell the chauffeur to wait for Jennie as I see her walking with Kai and smile with each other before coming inside the car.

Actually, I asked one of my employees to look after her because I knew that she couldn't handle that. Who could, right? She is so slim and holds that thick portfolio to the last floor is something that she couldn't do. I knew it.

When I reached the 15th floor, the employee called me that she wasn't feeling good because she looked pale. I hurried and used another elevator to go upstairs to her only to see her with that ugly man.

I don't know who is that man, though. I never see him before, but I've already hated him by seeing his acting like a good caring boyfriend towards my PA. Don't get me wrong, I don't care about her. Uh, I just don't want anyone to act like that towards my employee.

As she gets in the car, the chauffeur closes the door and starts driving. I close my eyes because I don't know what to do or say. She didn't tell Kai that I was the one who wanted her to take the stairs instead of the elevator.

Why didn't she tell the truth?

Is she afraid of me?

Am I that intimidating to her?

I glance at her and see her sleeping. Maybe, she is exhausted that's why she was about to fall from the stair. Like Kai said, if she had an accident, I would be the one to blame.

After twenty minutes, we arrive at my penthouse located at the top of the biggest building in Seoul. I actually bought this penthouse because I want to live by myself and to be relaxed from work. And, look at me now. I have a company to live with. How can I survive living with a stranger for five months?

I cut off my thought by calling Jennie, "Hey, get up. We're here."

She doesn't bother to wake up, so I tap her shoulder again. Still not. I think I have no choice because this is my fault. I tell the chauffeur to bring my portfolio and some stuff to my penthouse as I carry Jennie in a bridal style.

I choose to use a private elevator instead, so people don't have to see us. I don't want people to think that Jennie is a whore or something like that because she is actually my PA, right?

As I reach my floor, I take my card out and scan it, revealing my big place that has only one person living in and soon another person is going to live in, too.

"Okay, put all the things, and you can go now," I tell the chauffeur as he puts all the things inside.

He bows at me, leaving and closing the door behind me.

I put Jennie down on my big favorite couch that I usually sleep on when I come back from work before ordering some food to eat. Yeah, I can't cook. The kitchen is the only place in this penthouse that I rarely use.

Besides the kitchen, there are Jacuzzi, gym, and other amenities that I could enjoy to release some stress and enjoy my own life.

I look at the time on my Rolex wristwatch. I have two and a half hours more to prepare myself before going to meet my best friend.