Chapter Eleven

JENNIE

Two weeks have passed, my boss and I get along with each other than before, and I really appreciate that she asked me to call her by her name instead of boss wherever we go.

Today is Friday, so Lisa wants me to make dinner for her and her best friend since she doesn't want to go out tonight. When we become a little closer, Lisa decreases the number of times she goes out at night.

She said she doesn't want someone to wait for her alone at home, so she prefers staying at home to going out at night.

"Jennie, you can call your best friend to come here, too," She says, still answering some emails on her laptop in the living room while I am cooking and preparing our dinner.

"Okay, I will call her when I finish cooking,"

After cooking and putting all the food on the dining table, I hear the doorbell ringing signaling that Chaeng has arrived.

"I will go to open the door, and you call your best friend Jisoo," Lisa says as she shuts down her laptop, going to the door.

"Okay," I say as I grab the phone, dialing Jisoo's number when Lisa cuts me off, "I think you don't need to call your friend anymore, Jennie."

I put my phone back in my pocket, going to the door to ask her why she suddenly changes her mind, or she doesn't want Jisoo to come because she has some work with her friend.

"Why you-"

I am about to ask her when my jaw drops to the floor, "Jisoooooo," I squeal as I hug her tightly, making Chaeng clear her throat.

I look at her, feeling confused about why she comes here because I haven't called her, yet, "Lisa, you are the one who call-"

She shakes her head immediately and looks at her friend. Knowing who has invited my friend, I smirk at Jisoo, "Look like someone wants you to come here than I do, huh?"

I ask, making Jisoo blush, but I turn my gaze to Chaeng, I feel really surprised when her cheeks are redder than Jisoo.

"Lisa, don't you invite us to your house," Chaeng asks, avoiding the topic.

"Okay, come in," Lisa opens the door wider for them to enter the house.

As they head to the kitchen, leaving me and Lisa at the door alone, Lisa gives me a knowing smile which I return back. We laugh on the way to the dining table.

Jisoo and Chaeng sit beside each other while I sit across Jisoo, and Lisa occupies across her friend. We eat in silence when Lisa goes to the kitchen to bring a bottle of expensive red wine and four glasses.

"What's that for?" I ask, not knowing why we drink wine because I rarely see her drink it at home.

"I have good news for all of us," She says, looking directly to Chaeng and exchanging their smiles, which Jisoo and I don't have any idea of.

"We have a trip next week, and we want two of you to go with us." She adds, making Jisoo and me stop eating and look at them for more explanation.

"We have a meeting in Hawaii, and every important investor will go there, too. My dad asked me to go on his behalf, and I have already accepted." Chaeng says.

She continues as she looks at Jisoo, "And, I want you to go, too."

"But, you have a meeting-"

"It's okay. We have a meeting for only a day, and I will prolong our trip to three days, so we can enjoy our time there for two days. On the day Chaeng and I have a meeting, both of you can go shopping or something because PA is not allowed in that meeting, though." Lisa cut Jisoo off, looking at me.