E I G H T E E N

so its been a whole ass month-ish, and i've left y'all on a serious cliffhanger. i'm sorry not sorry because there's one at the end of this one too enjoy >:)

please be warned that there may be triggering scenes/words in this chapter

-+-

"Hello, my dearest Amazon," the man said with a Cheshire smile.

Shit.

Shit shit shit shit shit―

There was no way he was here― There was no wayHow was he here

A gun pressed itself into her abdomen as he closed the space between them completely, which wasn't hard to do considering that they were already in close proximity, to begin with. "Look happy to see me," he whispered in her ear shell, his remarkable cold breath threatening to send shivers down her spine. She gritted her teeth, none too happy in this situation at all, but still did what he asked nevertheless. Her hands were tied and there was no way he wouldn't shoot if she reached for her own weapons. The man knew eyes were watching him, and he needed a convincing performance to do what he needed to do.

"Good girl," he purred. She resisted the urge to scream. "Now, get into the car and look like you're laughing with me." There was a black Cadillac SUV parked in the driveway of the house, so in contrast with the glinting silver Bugatti next to it. Using an SUV rather than a van was smart, only because anything in a van looked suspicious. Always.

Peeling her hand off of the doorknob she'd been fiddling with, her smile was still pasted onto her face like cosmetics spread thick as she opened her mouth to reveal her teeth, letting lose an open-mouthed laugh. The man did so as well, even though she knew his wasn't faked. He knew he'd won and he loved it. Where the hell was Wolf? Wasn't there a prospect here at all times? Clenching only one of her hands into a tight fist, Dylan knew she was left to her own devices for this one. She shot daggers at the male with her eyes and the damn fool had the audacity to give a laugh as he shoved her into the back of the SUV and followed quickly after her.

She immediately pinpointed the other men in the car, all associates of the man that she knew all too well. The heavily bearded one driving was the second to the man who'd just now shoved her into the van and his third was sitting in the passenger seat. Neither of them had smiles―nor expressions―on their faces, unlike their master. As if they both knew that what they were doing was a huge mistake.

"What is it that you want, Cormac?" Dylan hissed out. The damn man hadn't stopped grinning and if it weren't for the gun now pressed to her head, she'd be ripping out his goddamn throat with her bare hands. It wouldn't be the first time she'd done that, of course, so her threat was more than authentic.

But now wasn't the time. Not with the tricks he had up his sleeve yet to be revealed.

"Now, now, now, Diana, that is no way to treat an old friend, is it?" he smiled widely. The crazed look in his eyes put her off. She and Cormac had always had their differences and never gotten along, which was why they were content to kill each other. Yet, seeing him now... he wasn't here to act on his own accord. He was being paid to do this. But what was he sent here to do? What secrets do you have for me, Cormac?

"I wouldn't exactly call us friends," she said dryly.

"Ah," Cormac sighed, "I forgot that you don't fancy anyone but that black boy." His face suddenly got hard as if he remembered a certain memory that made his blood boil. He faced her dead in the eye, the crazed look becoming more lethal as he pushed the gun harder into her head that was now lodged between the gun and the dark-tinted window. He hissed, " Is black cock so good you can't stop whoring yourself after him like the slut you are?"