T E N

picture of baylor/smoke above <3 - check out his insta @/peaceoot - regardless of the shit that goes down in this chapter, i think it's kind of short... be sure to tell me your thoughts at the end! :)

-+-

After Dylan cut the phone off, she quickly grabbed a bunch of bras and underwear she assumed were her size along with the few clothing items she picked up and had them rung up. Wolf took notice of her increased speed but didn't say anything as he took the bags from her while she fumbled around for her keys. When she found them, she slid into the car as Wolf put the bags in the back. 

She had already hauled herself out of the parking lot by the time Wolf had started up his bike. 

The drive home was blurred for her. Zach did have a point. The Furies were restless bitches who didn't know when to stop. All they had to do was find her, and then all of her secrets would come barrelling out along with the exposure of her family to all of her enemies. 

And just when she thought things couldn't get worse, parked on the driveway of Adam's and Millie's home was Baylor, his Harley, and his damn smirk. With the sight of himㅡand all his glory, Wolf gave him a nod before he turned his bike right around and rode out of the neighborhood. 

Getting out of the car, Dylan made sure her face was twisted into distaste as she said flatly, "What are you doing here?"

"I can't just pop in to say 'hello' to my one and only sister?" That dumbass smirk didn't leave his face.

"No."

The smirk just widened. Dylan opened up the back and began grabbing groceries. Baylor turned out to not be wholly useless as he began helping her. With the both of them determined not to make a second trip, they pulled the plastic bags onto their forearms and juggled them all the way to the door. 

It was a relief when Dylan finally unlocked the door and they plopped it all down on the counter and she slid her phone and keys onto the small counter space that was left. Looking at the time in the microwave, she knew it was only a matter of time before she had to call Zach and Byte back to get the much-needed information. 

"What is it that you want?" she asked a bit more gruffly this time.

"Still not up to tell us the truth?" Baylor asked, a gleam in his eyes. Oh, they knew she had lied and they weren't happy about it. Baylor had to be absolutely dying inside if he came to seek the truth out personally. 

Dylan kept up her act though. She couldn't afford any inconsistencies. "I have no idea what you're talking about. Now, I'll ask you again: what is it that you fucking want?"

Baylor didn't miss a beat as he looked her in the eye and said, "Cypher's looking you up."

It took a second for the words to really hit her, for the words to register in her mess of a mind. When it finally did, panic set in and only one word occupied her mind at that moment.

Fuck.

"What?!" she all but shrieked. "Why?"

"The strain in your voice is why," he said calmly, the gleam becoming more intense. The truth, that's what he wants. He wants the truth. He's giving her a chance, to be honest with him before Caleb spills the beans on her life within the week, most likely at church, in front of the whole damn club. Shit, shit, shit. No no no. The fake documentation was only there for those who didn't know where to look, but Caleb already knew all of her bullshit lies. He would know all that shit was fake. It'd take him a good bit of time, but when Caleb was hunting, he didn't falter. He had that deadly concentration all the Ralston siblings had. That drive. The one that drove her to be successful on all her missions. The one that drove Adam to be the brilliant Sergeant-at-Arms he is. The one that drove Baylor to give Dylan the look he was giving her right now, determined to get his answers.