Sleepin' Summer - Jeon Jungkook

Moments like these with her lover warmed her heart
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Y/N was sitting cross-legged beneath an oak tree's leaves, the shade provided shielding her from the summer heat. Her hair was in a messy bun, stray hair strands flowing with the breeze as she drew in her art notebook.

Whenever she had the time to, she would sit there and draw whatever came to mind. Whether that would be childish doodles or intricate, made-up portraits. Occasionally, her dark glasses would slide down her nose, her fingers instinctively moving to push them up.

Her cream, off-the-shoulder romper with bell sleeves made her a playful angel, with black straight hair as a sharp contrast. She was barefoot on the grass, summer sandals off to the side of the tree trunk.

During her casual art endeavours, a very familiar boy walked nearby. He sat down next to her, putting his chin on her shoulder. She stopped drawing, exhaling deeply.

"Annoyed by me already?" He asked, mischief clear in his voice. Y/N started drawing again, her pencil making large, smooth strokes on the paper.

"No, Jungkook. I could never be annoyed by you." Her sarcasm made him sit up straight and laugh, then lay his head against the sturdy oak tree.

Comfortable silence pursued after that, the pair enjoying the calm breeze and shadowy shelter. Y/N put her notebook and pencil down after a bit, taking a long look at the coffee-haired male. His eyes were closed, with his lips parted. He was wearing a red and black checkered shirt over a white t-shirt, with ripped denim jeans and converses.

He looked completely at peace before his head fell onto Y/N lap abruptly. Shocking the bespectacled girl, he chuckled, looking up at her. "I missed you," he said with a cheerful countenance.

With her back against the tree bark, Y/N smiled down at him. "I missed you too," she replied lovingly, gently ruffling his soft hair.

He let his legs lay straight upon the grass, his body relaxing with her sweet touch. "You're very comfortable," he stated nonchalantly, before getting her other hand and kissing it.

The couple engaged in a casual chat. In the midst of it, Jungkook yawned. Then, he replied less and less... until he fell asleep from the tranquillity. Y/N giggled to herself, taking a picture before he woke up again.

Moments like these with her lover warmed her heart.

The End ♥️