Sick And Sweet - Min Yoongi

"Besides, if you take care of me, I'll be a happy man."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A loud blowing noise bounces off the walls of the apartment, followed by miserable groans.
Being sick was something that rarely occurred for Y/N but when it did, it was horrible.

Hence her lying on the sofa, a blanket covering her frail body as she blew a lifetime's stock up of snot into a tissue.
Which was then discarded onto the coffee table, a mountain of used tissues piling up.

It looked like she was cuddling a tissue box on her stomach, her only helpful friends in this dreadful time.
Well, that may have been a bit of an exaggeration, considering many of her family and friends offered to come over.

Y/N insisted that she would be fine by herself but really, she wanted no one to see her in this state.
Mucus running down her crusty nose, coughing fits every now and again, and the urge to vomit every few minutes.

She was in need of comfort and love yet had no strength to pick up the phone to call anyone.
The strenous routine of being ill continued for the next half hour, until the front door of her apartment opened.

"Y/N? Are you here??"
That sweet voice belonged to Yoongi, a university friend of hers, who she might have the teeniest crush on.

But why on earth was he here?

Y/N dangled her hand up, showing the raven-haired male where she was.
He heard his footsteps come closer, "putting the spare keys on top of the door is not a great idea, but anyways, are you okay?"

Y/N would've laughed lightly, or replied to his question.
But instead, she pulled the blanket over her head, her already hot face burning in embarrassment.

"What... What are you doing?"
Yoongi asked again, now standing in front of the humiliated girl.

"I look disgusting."
She mumbled, muffled but loud enough for Yoongi to hear.

He chuckled in disbelief, looking around at the mess her living room was in.
"Y/N, you could never look 'disgusting'. C'mon, I'm here to make you feel better- or try to at least."

Her heart swelled at that statement, feeling his hands gently pull the blanket down again.
Her eyes met his, smiles on both of their faces.

"Have you got a headache? Fever? Taken any medication?"
He ask softly, sitting down and laying his hand on her forehead.

A shake of the head, a nod, then another shake is what Y/N gave him.
Yoongi went to the kitchen to find her medicine, opening a cabinet with the normal pills and syrups.

He got a lukewarm glass of water, giving it to Y/N.
She heard him mutter take it easy when she tried to be quick, cheeks reddening.

She replied with a thank you, before Yoongi brought over a bag of food.
"Apparently, there was no soup available so I just got chicken nuggets. You like them right?"

Y/N's eyes widened, "Like them?? I love them! Thank you-"
Her throat tickled, leading to another string of coughs.

Yoongi winced at her evident pain, moving closer to rub her back soothingly.
Little did he know, that had a more dizzying effect on her.

"You're going to get sick if you stay any longer."
She said, feeling bad.

He shook his head, handing her another tissue.
"It's cool, I don't think I'll have it as bad as you," he began laughing at her glare.

"Besides, if you take care of me, I'll be a happy man."

Y/N's breath audibly hitched in shock, before sneezing into a tissue.
"Okay, you don't like that idea then."

She rushed to disagree, only to find that Yoongi was joking.
Of course she'd like to take care of a cute Yoongles.

"Wanna share the nuggets?"
She said, perking up with the little strength she had left.

Yoongi grinned, Y/N staring at his gummy smile for just a bit too long...

The End ♥️