Mummy - Min Yoongi

"I wish I remembered Mummy..."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Daddy? Do you miss Mummy?"

That sudden question made Yoongi freeze in the midst of brushing his daughter's hair. The same dark brown hair from her mother - his wife.

She passed away a few days after childbirth, not before gifting her family with a gem of a baby girl. Those days will stick in Yoongi's mind for life; feeling heavy as he reminisces. He pulls himself back to reality, trying to give his daughter a proper answer.

"Everyday love," he replies with a small smile that's exchanged through the mirror.

"Do you get sad?" Asks the young girl, eyes big and bright, as the sunlight makes her brown orbs shine like honey.

"Of course I do but I have you. I have the rest of our family and friends too, so I'm not sad all the time. Do you get sad Jewel?"
The little girl only nods, lips settling into a slight pout before trying to smile.

She tries to hide her hurt just like her mother, even at such a young age. Yoongi knows the two would've been so close. A joyful mother and daughter duo, as well as best friends.

He knows it's hard for the both of them. He also knows that she would be proud of him, for hanging on.

"I wish I remembered Mummy..."

Yoongi places the hairbrush on the cupboard nearby, before crouching down in front of her.
"She may not be here, or up there," he points to her head, "but she's here." He points to her heart, using his other hand to point to his own.

"And here?" She asks, pointing to his head, making Yoongi chuckle.

"Yes, love. I'll remember her for the both of us." He states, giving his young daughter a gummy smile.

He'll remember the way they used to laugh together, go on small dates together, lie in bed and just talk for hours about the most random things. He'll remember her bright smile, her soft hands and her presence that could light up a whole room. He'll remember it all and never forget.

His daughter gives him her own wide grin, embracing him dearly. "Thank you Daddy," she says, holding onto him tight.

The End ♥️