Chaptet 38 You'll be a man

_______________
Y/N
_______________

"Winston!" I called, "Poppy, Wendy, Mikki, get back here!" I called.

The children ran around freely, not a care in the world.

Normally, I loved to see them run free. But not today, the sun was hot, the birds were chirping, and waddling around with a pregnant belly wasn't making it easier.

Winston was three now, my oh my how fast he has grown. That boy was growing like a weed, just last week he grew out of his favorite pair of shoes!

Wendy, Peggy, and Michael are now six and I couldn't be prouder of them.

"Mama?" Micki asked,

"Yes, dear?"

"When is papa coming home?"

"Soon, dear, very soon," I told him, taking a hold of his hand.

"But mama," Micki whined.

"But what, dearie?"

"I wanna show papa my loose tooth!" Micki said as he smiled widely, wiggling his tooth.

"I know," I laughed.

After Philip left for work this morning, Micki had a small stumble down the stairs. He is fine of course but he knocked a tooth loose and he was very proud of it.

We began to walk home an hour later with grocery bags in hand. As we walked through the winding streets, women in dresses and men in their vests.

Everything was so calming, so lively, so timeless. But as we walked I saw a man. I could never forget him, the man who tried to kill my husband. Mr. George Eacker.

He walked with a pimp cane hunched over, thick leather boots in his own clothes. He wore a top hat, he looked sickly, like he hadn't slept in days, no, weeks. His hair looked like he hadn't combed it in years. His teeth were brown and yellow.

Wendy danced around, her purple dress I had bought for her brand new, it was one of her favorite dresses.

She spun around, not seeing Eacker, she bumped right into him.

"Oh! I'm so sorry, ah, sir." Wendy said as she turned facing him.

"It's alright dear," he said with a neighborly chuckle, "make sure you look where you are going next time, don't want to be on the wrong side of a wagon, now do we?" He asked in a kiddish, silly voice.

I was worried at first, but Eacker seemed to be friendly to her, but I shouldn't have waited to pick up and take her home.

"What's your name?" He asked with a small smile.

"My name is Wendy Angelica Hamilton, a pleasure to meet you!" Wendy smiles.

"Hamilton?" He asked, bewildered.

"Yes! That's my last name!"

"Is your father, Philip Hamilton? By chance?" He asked slowly creeping closer.