Chapter 6 Charming

oh lord, this is so cringe, I am so sorry for how this turns out...
___________________
"Give all power to the many, they will oppress a few. Give power the few, they will oppress the many."

-Alexander Hamilton
________
Y/N
________

I walk through the dark streets to Uptown New York, it was a grand sight to see, there weren't drunk men walking past the beautiful house. No alleyways, filled with men for that matter.

The Hamilton Estate grew to my view, I saw a flickering candle in the house so I knocked on the door.

For some reason, I heard someone walk downstairs and walk to the door. My fear was it was Philip. So I slid the envelope under the door.

I heard the door open and close, as I began to walk faster.

A hand intervened my first step off the porch.

I stopped, I didn't turn around. I was too scared that it was Philip.

The owner of the hand walked closer to me. I got a look at the hand. It was freckled, Philip.

My heart raced, my stomach flipped. My breath got heavy, Philip turned me around. He looked at me. He moved his hand to my waist and pulled me closer. He seemed to lean in just a little. Not knowing if that was a good idea.

I rolled my eyes and kissed him. He didn't reject the kiss. Instead, he welcomed it with open arms.

Our lips fit perfectly together. I didn't want this moment to end.

But we eventually stopped. The only words I could say were, "Wow..." I said with a smile and I had to admit it was one of the best kisses I have ever had.

Phillip said the same and we kissed again. This time with more passion.

I pulled away, "Wait." I said. "Philip, I can't, I have a family name to withhold and a bloody good one at that, I'm sorry, we're not courting or married, I couldn't do that to my family," I said.

"Dove, would help if we were courting?" He asked as we sat on the steps of the deck in front of his estate.

I nodded my head, looking up at the curly-haired male, his hair was pulled into a ponytail and his eyes were still filled with sleep.

"Well then," Philip said, taking my hands in his.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

He answered by taking one of his hands to my cheeks and putting his pointer finger on my lips, then saying, "Shh,"

I did as I was told, Philip returned his hand back to my mine and gave them a gentle squeeze.

"Y/N Hamill, The moment I met you (I knew you were mine! I thought you were mine. Sorry not sorry!) I knew you were a very special woman, I want you in my life and I want you to be the only woman in my life," Philip said, "other then family women of course," Philip added making me laugh.

"Will you, Y/N Hamill, be my courter?" He asked.

My cheeks flushed as my heart pounded loudly into my chest. My brain wondered if there was a future with Philip, and I could see there might be, but it all depended on the way we worked together. I had to decide if I said yes I could call it off and hope I never see him again.

But if it does work out then I have nothing to worry about.

"Philip, I——I don't know what to say," I told him.

Looked at Philip, studying his face, trying to remember it as long a possible.

I then heard the window with the flickering candle open, we looked up to see Eliza and Alexander's heads, Eliza and Alexander's hair was messy and it seemed Alexander had his shirt unbuttoned.

"Say yes!" Eliza giggled.

"Yes!" I said as I kissed Philip once more.

After we pulled away, I rested my head on Philip's chest as Philip asked, "What were you doing up there?" Philip asked like the cheeky man he is.

Eliza giggled and Alexander just winked, "Hopefully something you'll do after you're married." He said before closing to the window.

I kissed Philip once more, and stayed in his arms, kissing him was something like no other, I never wanted to stop, (Not that way you dirty minds. Alice get more holy water!)

"Say it again," Philip said with a smile.

"Say what?" I asked him as he brushed a strand of my H/C behind my ear.

"Say yes," He replies.

"Yes, Charming," I said kissing him.

We both pulled away and he bopped the letter he still had in his hands on my nose.

"I should be on my way, I need to get home before it turns into the next day," I told Philip, kissing him one last time.

Philip and I both stood up, and I got ready to leave. As I started to walk away Philip followed.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"Walking you home, it's dangerous for a lady to be out here by herself." He said.

"Fine, but, if you think that something else is going to happen, your dead wrong," I said.

"Then you'll be proud of me that didn't even cross my mind." He said grabbing my hand.

"Did it though?" I asked.

"Okay so maybe for one second I thought about it but I wouldn't really carry it out, I promise. Only when you're ready." He said kissing my forehead.

"Then you know I'll wait till marriage?" I asked. "That'll be a long wait."

"Or I just marry you sooner." Philip said with a smirk, I scoffed as he chuckled, "It's a joke, love. When I think the time is right, I'll ask."

So as we walked I did some thinking. Philip asked me to court him, and I said yes. Why on God's green earth would I do that? His reputation in this city is very unnerving.

"Here's my house," I said, we stood in front of my house. "Would you like to come in? I can put the kettle on?" I asked hoping he would want a spot of tea.

_________________
Time passes
__________________

"So, I'm going home Y/N. Thank you for the tea." Philip said kissing my hand and walking out.

"He's so strange," I say as I walked upstairs to my bedroom. I didn't even bother with a bath, because I had taken one that morning.

Philip was a topic my brain that wasn't giving letting go. He ran through my brain tell my eyelids couldn't hold themselves up longer. I fell asleep in my thoughts.