Chapter 16

Will

Walking away. Walking away. Walking away with my heavy heart. The girl I loved I lost to Philip. Again. Once wasn't enough, he had to do it twice.

"Hey Will!" My best friend, Harry said to me as I walked back into the ballroom.

"Hey Harry..." I said with a defeated manner.

" What's with the long face my friend?" He asked.

" You remember Y/N?" I asked, he nodded his head. " And you remember Philip?" I asked.

" Yeah, wasn't he that guy who slept with your ex?" He asked.

" Yeah... Him...." I said lowering my head. " He's engaged to Y/N now." I told him.

" Oh man." Harry said as he patted my back.

"But maybe I could ask a girl to dance..." I said trying to sound not so hopeless.

" That's the sprit Will!" Harry said. " Now chin up! Your a stone cold lady killer! Now go get um!" He said pushing me to a girl with red hair and freckles. Her dress was purple, she was beautiful. Her red hair was at her sides as she green eyes, perhaps shined brighter then the stars that shined tonight.

She smiled at me as I took a breath.

" Would you care to dance?" I asked.

" Of course sir." She said as I took her hand. She smiled. She had the cuties dimples in the world.

We danced the night away. Her smiling at me as I twirled her around the ballroom. We had the time of our lives together that night. And I would have never met her if it wasn't for my best friend....

George Eacker.
__________
Mr. Hamill
__________

I saw Will dancing the night away with a young lively lady.

"Way to go son." I thought as I watched them dance.

They made me think of my Wendy and how we would dance like that. How she would look into my eyes and I would fall in love with her all over again. Or how I would kiss her and it always felt like the first time. I wanted that for my children. Because she would want that for her children.

Even though Wendy never met Y/N, I think she would have loved her. That's one reason I took her in. Because she was just like my Wendy.

But know, my young Wendy has grown up and was getting married. And my my Wendy has flown to Neverland. Where she waits for me. And soon, my love, I'll meet you right there. Where we can reminisce of the good old days, and I would tell her about Y/N. About our boys. She would so proud of her boys. She would be so proud of our daughter. She would be proud of our children.

One day. I thought, one day.

___________
Y/N
___________

Philip had whisked me away to the dance floor. Just me and him in one another's embrace. The man I was to marry. The man I was more than ready to marry.

We danced the night away, the orchestra played beautifully as we kept perfect time.

But soon the night had ended. Philip took me home but we were not alone, my brothers and father came with us. They were saying for a few weeks or so to help with the wedding planning.

" Goodnight my love sleep well." Philip said as stood outside my doorframe.

" Goodnight Charming." I said giving his lips a quick peck.

" All right lovebirds, day goodbye before I vomit." Al said as he stepped into View.

"Leave then alone Al!" Curt said, "I think they are cute!"

Philip kissed me quick before taking his leave.

"Bye Love," He said.

"Bye!" By brothers said before shutting the door.

I saw father sitting at the kitchen table by himself. I knew what he was thinking about. Wendy.

___________
Mr. Hamill
___________

I watched the display of Philip and Y/N together. I thought of Wendy and me.

I have never thought of Wendy so much after her death. I just pushed it aside and worked on the family business. But now, I missed it. I missed her. Now I realized no one could replace Wendy, but heal the wound she left in my heart.

She has a special place in my heart forever yes, but Y/N was the only lady I need to care for now.

She is so much like Wendy. The way she seeks adventure. Or how she plays hard to get when a man looks her way.

She was just like Wendy.

______
Y/N
______

Philip had gone home hours ago. It was two in the morning and I went for a spot of tea.

I thought I was alone, I was wrong.

Father was awake.

"I didn't know you were still up Father." I said, "Is everything alright?" I asked.

"Yes doe, I was just thinking." He said.

"About Wendy?" I asked, to that he just nodded. "Tell me about her."

He took my hands into his. "She was just like you. A survivor. She was my candle in this dark world. She knew just what to say to make this world seem a little more brighter. And even when her candle burned out. I still see the sparks for her flame." He said.

"But I have you to light the way, when I adopted you my life was flipped upside down in the best way possible." He said giving my hands a squeeze.

"That is why I love that your my daughter." He said.
"I wish I had met her." I said.

"She would have loved you. Doe." He told me with a reassuring look plastered on his face.
"She would have wanted to have had you the moment she met you." Father said.

"She sounds lovely," I said.

"What about you mother, what she like?" Father asked.

"She was the kind of person never let anyone mess with her. She was strong. She would do anything to for her children even if that meant she would never see them again. She was selfless." I told father as I remember my mother. "She was just like my brother Winston." I said.

"She sounds wonderful." Father said.

I went to make some tea. After doing so father and I talked for hours about loved ones.

"What ever happened to your younger brother?" Father asked.

" The Welfare people came and took the baby as mama was dying." I said. "The plan was to get me in a place where I could care for him after mama died, a way for her last two children to care for on another, but they didn't find me. He was given to a orphanage somewhere. One day I'll find him. One day soon."

Please vote and comment they always make me smile. Bye!