Chapter 4 Back In The War

"A well adjusted person is one who makes the same mistakes twice without getting nervous."

-Alexander Hamilton

______
Y/N
______

Four o'clock rolled around, I began to walk home. Philips words rang in my ear as my heels hit the cobbled roads.

I hope Angie could hide that paper very well. And not let him get the mail, can't be too hard, right?

I walk into the kitchen and was wondering what to do. The house was clean. The laundry was done. The garden didn't need tending to, and I wasn't hungry. Suddenly I got an idea. I would bake some cookies from Eliza and her children. I mean everyone loves cookies right?

I began to bake, I love baking. More then normal cooking, it felt like I must do it. But baking was for enjoyment for me.

I started to bake a cookie bar that my mother made when my father was in the revaluation word. He was a blue coat. His ship had sunk by Ireland, so that's where he lays.

The story always went.  One day you father had written me about how bad the food at camp was, and how hungry the boys were for some good cooking so, I cooked up some of the best cookie bars you could ever hope to try." She would say.

I finished up and put it in a cookie holder and sent it on its way. But no without writing Eliza and Angie about it first.

Satisfied with myself, I cooked up some eggs for myself. As I lazily climbed my way upstairs. My dress dragged on the hardwood floor as I turned the doorknob to my bedroom.

It was a fantastic looking bedroom. It looked like a castle bedroom. One fit for a Queen.

I climbed out of my clothes, I took a nice bubble bath.

A short time later I hopped out of the tube and brushed my hair. My silky wet hair was so soft that I wanted to braid my hair. (Just know if you have short hair or no hair at all then just pretend it says your hair.) I decided to put on a cream silk nightgown.

Pulling the covers off my bed, I rolled into my very luxurious bed, as the soft covers hugged me like the calming cloud of sleep overcame me.

_________
Eliza
__________

It was about dinner time when a knock came from the front of the estate. As the woman of the house, I went to answer it. It was a mail boy. He was a small frail boy with a mop of blonde hair and some dirt on his face. His blue eyes shined as he looked up from a cookie holder.

"Ma- Ma'am, are you Eliza Hamilton or Angelica Hamilton?" He asked as he read the two letters in his had.

"Yes! I am, thank you so very much!" I said taking the box from him.

I quickly open the box and see cookie bars in them. I smile back at the boy as he licked his lips. I broke one off and gave it to him.

"N-no ma'am I couldn't." He said.

"I insist, you brought this to me. You should get something for your troubles." I said putting the cookie in his hand.

"T-thank you, ma'am!" He said eating the cookie as fast as he could. It was as if he was scared that it would be gone if he didn't eat up fast. He soon ran off as I laugh. I sat the cookies on a plate.

I walk into Hamilton's office.

"Alexander on downstairs," I said walking in.

"I have to get this off to Congress." He said writing away with his quill scratching away. He had papers everywhere. The white sand sitting on his desk was now very grey.

(Another fun fact, they used white and grey sand to get rid of the extra ink on their quills. The rich people like Alex bought the white sand. But the not as rich ones like child Alex bought the grey used sand.)

"Please Alex, I want William to know what his father looks like," I said.

"That's right, your right. I'll come down, you're my first and main priority." He said turning around and hugging me. " I love you." He said.

"I love you too, my Hamilton," I said kissing his cheek. As I walk out the door with him following me.

Angelica helped me get the children to the table, and get the food to the table as well. I love that girl so much.

We all sat down as William said. "Papa."

"That's right William! That papa!" I said hugging William and pointing at my husband.

"Papa is here." He said once more.

"And I'll be here for a long time," Alex said patting him on the shoulder.

Alexander and the rest of the family ate the meal Angie, Elle, and I had made. { Elle is Eliza Jr.} Elle did her best but she was only seven and wasn't very good at it yet. But someday she's become a beautiful young woman.

(I'm dying! I went to type in Beautiful and bra came up! I know TMI!)

After we had finished I took off the lid to a cookie holder and the children all grabbed one. Alexander did as well.

"No," Alexander said laughing to himself. "No, it can't be. She's dead." He said taking another bite from the bar.

"What is it pops?" Philip asked.

"Well back in the war." He started.

"Here we go again," Angie said taking a bite from the cookie as well.

"I had a friend called Harper. And he wrote his wife every day about how much he missed her and the kids. You know the standard stuff. When he got a package from her full of cookie bars that taste just like this. But she died years ago. So did he." He said finishing off the cookie.

"Was his last name Hamill?" I asked.

"No." He said. " But That last names become very popular over the last year. Something about oil in Texas?" He said, thinking. "Well, his last name was Fancy. Harper Fancy."

"Well, I didn't make the cookies. Actually, Y/N (Hehe) Hamill did." I said hunting to him on who she was.

{ the hehe thing is an inside joke me and my friend have.}

Philip whispered, " I knew she was perfect." He said. I awed at his cuteness and affection towards Y/N.

They're going to do great things together. They'll blow us all away.

Hi! I hope this is okay, I wrote this at 11:00 because you all are so amazing!! Thank you so so so much!!! Bye!!