Chapter 35 I couldn't be happier

__________________
Y/N
___________________

The family sat all around the cozy little restaurant on Mercer street that Philip and I like.

My family sat around the big table we had, Philip's uncles and aunts mixed with my father and brothers.

Their voices and laughter filled the room, I smiled seeing all the people who cared for Philip, the babies, and I.

I stood up from my seat with baby Micki in my arms, Eliza had Peggy in her arms. My father had Wendy cradled in his arms.

Philip, as he held up his glass as I took my butter knife and lightly hit the glass Philip held up for me.

"Everyone! Everyone!" I called, getting their attention, "May I have your attention, please. So I believe the question of the night is all about the babies." I said, putting the butter knife back on the table.

Philip put the glass down and held my hand.

"So, our children were born on March 14th, some of you know that is not the only thing that happened that day. Philip's Aunt Margarita, or by everyone who loved her, Peggy, died that day." I started.

"So, in honor of her, Y/N and I have chosen to name her after our beloved daughter, sister, aunt, and mother," Philip said, smiling holding my hand.

"Eliza and Angelica, meet Margarita Hamilton. That's the baby your holding." I said. "She was born second."

"Oh!" Eliza said as her tears welled in her eyes and Angelica looked down at Peggy and held her hand and kissed it.

"Our first daughter was named after Wendy," Philip said as he gave my hand a squeeze, my father looked down at Wendy and touched her cheek, and kissed his head.

"Your wife was a woman who was worthy of having a namesake, so we gave our baby her name," Philip said once again.

"Al, would you mind holding Micki for me?" I asked.

"Did you say, Micki?" Al asked.

"His name is Micki, After your Micki," I said with a warm smile.

Al shaking, took Micki I to his arms and a small tear left his eyes.

"Hi little buddy, I'm your uncle Al!" He said, with a gentle wave.

Baby Micki giggled at Al, reaching for his fingers. Al bopped Micki's little nose, causing Micki to giggle.

I've never seen Al so emotional. He had always been my big tough brother who shielded the world from me to protect me the moment I walked into his house.

I've never seen him as happy or moved by anything I've done before. Yes, he loved it when I played the piano for them all after a long day on the oil fields.

Or when the house was filled with the cookie bars I made. With Curt's nose close behind.

He wasn't proud if anything, and if he was, he didn't show it. It was more like he could finally let go of what happened all those years ago. He could finally breathe. He could finally let go of the past and move on.