Chapter 2 A sleepless night

"I never expect a perfect work from an imperfect man."

-Alexander Hamilton
_________
Y/N
_________

I laid on a feathery cot with Philip on sitting on the sofa. His head lay on his hand that rested on the armrest as he stared at me.

"Ah Philip?" I said.

Philip shifted a little to show he was listening. "Yes, Dove?" he said with the biggest smirk in the world.

"Could you stop staring at me as I try to sleep? That would be much appreciated." I said.

"But you're so cute! I could watch you forever," said Philip as he innocently smiled.

"Philip let the poor girl sleep!" His mother, Eliza, said from her room.

"Yes, Mum!" he shouted back. "See you in the morning, Dove," he said, laying down so his back was facing me.

"Don't call me that," I said, doing the same, "That's not very Charming like."

"You're too cute," he said.

All I could do was scoff. "Goodnight, Charming," I said as I flung a pillow at his head.

"Oh thank you, I will cherish this pillow that my beloved gave to me!" He giggled, hugging the pillow close to his chest.

"I said, 'goodnight,'" I state again.

"Goodnight, Dove." He said before tending to the fireplace and then heading up to bed.

______________
The Next Morning
______________

I woke up to see a blue dress laying on the sofa. I picked it up and walked down the halls trying to find the bathroom.

As I wanted I saw the bathroom door ajar, I walked in and started to change into the dress that was left for me.

After I was done, I walked toward the cot I had slept in and began to make the bed.

I grabbed the blanket and began to pull it over the cot.

I walked to find Eliza cooking a lovely breakfast for us all.

"Oh, good morning, darling, how are you?" She greeted. "Did you sleep well?"

"Well, apart from Philip's flirting I slept well," I told her. "He's just being weird. And I bet he does this with every girl."

"Oh, that's Philip." Eliza sighed, "But you must overlook that to see my Charming Philip."

"Easier said than done," I said.

"What do you mean (Y/n)?"

"Your son, Philip has a very infamous reputation in this city," I told Eliza, her face looked as if it was news to her.

"Such as?" Eliza asked, her face told me her son could do no wrong.

"Well, he's known as the city flirt," I said bluntly. "He's like Odysseus in the Odyssey, hopping from island to island."