Chapter 24

_____
Y/N
_____

Alexander's brown eyes closed as Eliza watched his breathing. For minutes his chest went up and down smoothly, but soon his breath hitched as the soft easy breathing became horse and ruff. It was as if the Devils were sucking the breath from his lips slowly killing him.

Eliza noticed his breathing slowing down and becoming ragged.

"Help! Help! My husband needs help!" Eliza cried.

Doctors came flooding into the small room as Angelica came into the room.

I walked Philip and Tommy out of the room to give the doctors more room to help Alexander.

I sat on one of the seats as Tommy and Philip did the same. Moments turned to minutes. It was quiet, at first, didn't mind but the quiet became deafening. But I wasn't the only one who was worried.

Philips' knee was bouncing up and down. I sat my hand on his knee. I gave him a sad smile as he gave me the same.

"Charming you need to relax, I'm sure the doctors are doing everything they can to save Alexander," I said.

Philip grabs my hand, kissing it. "I know, I'm just,-."

"Worried?" I finished, "Alexander will be alright Philip." I told him squeezing his hand.

"How do you know?" Philip asked.

"Because I Have hope that Alexander will survive this," I said, "let's try and take our minds to something else, just until we get any news," I said.

"Alright, What gender do you want our baby to be?" He asked.

"As long as it's healthy and has a fragment of your smile, or you're curly hair, or maybe you're freckles. I would be happy." I said.

"You took the words right out of my mouth." He said kissing my lips.

We sat there holding one another. I drew circles on his forearm as he rested his chin on my head.

"He is going to pull through Philip," I said kissing his forearm. "He has to be."

______
Philip
______

Hours had passed and Y/N had fallen asleep. I had fallen asleep as well. Until Philip, came out and tapped my shoulder.

"Hey," Philip said trying to wake me up, "Wake up."

"Huh?" I asked to tell I saw Y/N laying on top of me.

"Your dad, Uncle Alexander, he a,"

"Is he-," I asked raising my voice, in doing so, Y/N began to stir. "Is he alright?" I asked quieter.

"I have good news and I have bad news." Philip said scratching his neck, "What do you want to hear first?"

I glanced at my wife, who snuggled closer into my chest. My eyes wondered to her stomach that held my child.

"Good news."

"Your Dad is going to recover." I let out a sigh, "But, he will need a cane to walk and will need a lot of help from you."

"But?" I asked.

"Your mother had gone into labor," Philip said.

"Why is that bad?" I asked I thought children were a good thing, not something to worry too much about.

"She is a month early," Philip said.

"What could we do?" I asked tightening my grip on Y/N.