Chapter 13

{ At the Hamill Estate }

I sat Will in the parlor. He looked like he was very uncomfortable. Legs were glued together, and hands on his lap.

Unlike him, I sat with my legs apart and elbows sat in my knees.

" Could you repeat that son." I asked, I rubbed the arch on my nose.

" I want to marry your daughter." He said. The way he said it more like it was a question.

I was dumbfounded. This man, Will wants to marry my daughter, but I have already given my blessing to Philip. What to do, what to do.

"Let me tell you something boy. My daughter is a very special girl, have you ever said a word to her? Have you taken care of a woman before? What about your job? Is it a good one?" I asked, I just need a reason to say no.

"Well sir I am a super advisor at a factory. I lost my mother at birth so I have never cared for a woman and I have never spoken to your daughter... sir." As he spoke he lost more and more confidence.

"Son, I would love to tell you that you could marry Y/N." I said.

" I—." He started but I cut him off.

"A man had came yesterday to ask for my daughters hand. I'm sorry. But he seemed to know her more." I said. "Can I give you some advice?" I asked.

To that he just nodded. " One day you will find a wonderful woman that is made for you. But my daughter. Isn't. So maybe forget about her, and go find yourself a wonderful woman. But it's not my daughter." I said, " I'm sorry."

" It's alright. I'll find someone to make you proud sir." He said.

Jeffery showed him to the door. As I watched him leave I thought, " Philip better be a good one."

{ Y/N's Point of View}

It was sunset outside. Philip had won his case for work in Texas, and he went home to see his family.

I on the other hand, I was cooking dinner. I was making eggs. But I was alone.

Philip and I had been courting for five weeks now and honestly, I loved everyday of it. At first I couldn't stand him. Always flirting always talking to other women. But now, he doesn't, he only talk to women when he has to. And never really sees women when we go out.

He made me happy, I felt loved. I was loved.

But the voice in the back of my head kept saying," How long is that man going to wait?" It said.

But I pushed that thought aside, their has been talk about him asking me to marriage, but that was from Eliza and Ange, plus that was three weeks ago!

But he did have a date set up for tomorrow. But I can't get my hopes up. Not yet.

{Philips Point of View}

With a kiss still lingering on my lips from Y/N, I walked home.

I decided to pull a little prank on the family, I was going to say I didn't get the blessing. Just to see what they would say. Hell, Williams knows about my trip. He loved her, everyone loves her.

As I knocked on the door I changed my stance. I lowered my shoulders I put a frown on as my mother answered the door.

" Philip! Did you get it?" She asked.

" No, he said no..." I said stepping into the house.

" Why? Did you use your managers?" She asked.

" He said it's because my." I paused, what do I say? Could I blame it on Pops? I could... Oh God, hear I go... " Father had an affair with another woman, and thought I would too." I said. It hurt to say. Believe it or not I looked up to my father. He was all I wanted to be when I was younger. But after the Reynolds Pamphlet came out I was distraught, he was all I wanted to be, yet... he did that to his wife and family... My father. Father. Slept with a woman for the summer, in this house. My mother, my poor mother. My poor poor mother. But he's been trying so hard to fix what he did. He became my father again.

" Oh honey. Your not like your father. Yes you have is looks and a wonderful brain but, you have my kind heart. If you truly love Y/N than listen to it. Don't make your fathers mistakes." She said.

" What mistakes? I never make mistakes." Father said walking in, as he did he kissed mother's cheek.

" Maria Reynolds." She said. Pops face broke after she said it, to be fair the same words sent a shiver down my spine.

"So Philip." My dad said trying his hardest to change the subject, "How did the trip go?"

" I didn't get the blessing because your affair with Maria Reynolds." I said.

"Really? I'm going to write him a letter about how I feel!" He said gesturing his hands around then storming out of the room.

" I was joking! He said I could marry Y/N!" I yelled. Not soon after all the children came running down.

Ange was out but Alex jr. John, James, Eliza, Williams came running down.

" Y/N... siwter?" He said it with his lisp.

" If she says yes." I told him.

Mom picks up Williams," She will say yes, don't worry Philip." Mother said as she held Williams.

As I saw her hold him I thought about Y/N. My mind came to a moment as she held our child in her arms. She was feeding it, in a rocking chair. As I sat my bag on the floor she looked up at me. She smiled. I smiled as well. I walked over and kissed her cheek.

But alas, I was pulled out of my little day dream by Alexander jr. who was learning about so some things... was who spoke. He said, "When can I expect my first niece or nephew?" He asked.

Well when can I expect the kids? Just kidding! Maybe... Well I just wanted to thank you for reading, but I have been very depressed this pasted day of too. But writing helps me. You could say it saved me. But that's a story for another time. Bye,

Kit