Chapter 14

" I don't know!" I said, " I hadn't married Y/N yet let alone talked about kids!"

" I'm on Alex's side I want grand babies!!" Mom yelled.

" No Ma don't you start!" I said.

Pops stood up chuckling, he kissed ma cheek then said. " I have one more paper to do then I'm done for three days, so Philip I can help you plan for the proposal." He said.

" Pops I already have a plan but could you prof read my poem?" I asked.

He smiled, " It would be an honor." He said, he turned to the door and walked right into it. Everyone laughed, even me. My dad fixed his glasses and smiled as well. But soon the laughter died down and we all when back to our lives.

Ma started lunch as the boys played outside, Angie got home soon. Eliza was trying to help Mom with cooking, so she made chocolate cookies, but I, I started to write my poem { or letter } to Y/N.

Y/N, by chance you have turned my heart from missing something to have everything I could want. You are the stars to my moon. You are all I could ever hope for. I want to build my life on your love, not only because I love you. But Because its a strong foundation. I'll love you today, tomorrow and always. So after all that said, will you become Mrs. Hamilton?

"Alright pops," I said walking into the parlor, he sat with ma. " I want to say this to Y/N as I propose." I said handing the letter to him.

His eye started to tear up but he tried to hide it by wiping them away with his thumb.

" Pops what's wrong?!" I asked, the first and last time I saw him cry was after the pamphlet came out and ma wanted nothing to do with him.

"My sons all grown up." He said as his voice cracked. "And I missed it all." It's like ma knew just what to do, he hugged him. She loved him. After all the pain he had caused. After all the nights she spent crying, all the heartache and emptiness at the bottom of her stomach, she still loved him. Even thought Philip wouldn't dream of doing anything like that to his love, he wants love like that. Unconditional love. The kind of love Y/N could give.

Philip was about to go out and ask Y/N to go on a one last date as a non-married couple, but he was planning on taking her now but she had different plans. Her father would be coming to New York for a ball and she would be there if it killed her.

Philip is siting in her parlor as she tells him about the ball.

"So my plans have been altered, big deal." He thought, " I'll ask her there instead!" He said, the hope stayed in his heart as he planed it all out.

" Don't worry Y/N! I have a great suit! I'll pick you up at 6'clock." I asked.

" Good Philip! I love you charming." She said kissing my cheek as I walked to the door.

"I love you too, Dove." I said kissing her lips this time.

Now I just had left to find a suit. I wanted to look my best for Y/N.

I opened the door and I see ma walking down the stairs with a suit in her arms.

" Put this on!" She said.

" Why?" I asked.

" The ball! You are taking Y/N right?" She asked. " I swear to God if you aren't." She began.