九 ↬ Preparedness

Start from the beginning

"Yes, that's not a bad idea. Anyway, I'm sure the members of the other teams will be just as anxious as you are," Daisuke told Yori. 

"You should just trust yourself more," Kei said. "You have good skills."

Yori seemed to be surprised to hear her say that. 

"Well, we're going to leave you time to decide what you want to do. I don't want to rush you but it's best if we start preparing quickly. The sooner the better," the female then added. 

"But if you decided not to take the exams, it's fine. We won't be mad at you," Daisuke told him. 

"But... I don't want to let you guys down..."

"It's okay, just think it through so you won't make the wrong decision," Kei assured him as she put one hand on his shoulder. "We should just head home for now."

Daisuke nodded. 

Shortly after that, they walked away together toward their respective destinations. 

"Well, I'll see you later guys," Daisuke said at some point as he had to take a different path to go to his house. 

"See you," Yori and Kei said in unison before they parted ways. 

The two of them resumed walking.

"Tell me, Kei, do you really know what kind of Kunoichi you wanna be?" Yori asked her. 

"Yes, I wanna become like my father. It's not that I don't want to be like my mother or our Sensei, but I don't wanna become Hokage."

Yori nodded. 

"But your father was the Hokage for some time in the past."

Kei waited for a few seconds before replying. 

"Because he had had no other choice..."

The girl was now being submerged by thoughts that were not that pleasant...

Her mother being depressed...the death of a brother she had never known. 

She could remember her mother when she had been pregnant. 

"Would you rather like a little sister or a little brother?" 

"Either one, as long as I have a little sibling."

"Kei!!!"

She was suddenly snapped out of her thoughts with a familiar voice. 

She looked up to see her best friend waving at her from afar. Kei waved back at her. Mirai ran toward them. 

"Hey! How are you?" she asked them with a smile. 

"Well, I'm going to leave you," Yori said.

"Huh? Why I don't mean to drive you out," Mirai said to him. 

"No, I know. It's just that I have things to do."

"Oh okay. Have a good day then!"

"Thanks. You too. I'll give you my answer as soon as possible, Kei."

"No problem. Take your time. See you."

"See you." 

With that, Yori walked away, leaving the two girls alone. 

"So, what are you up to, today?" Mirai asked her friend with a bright smile on her lips.

"Oh nothing special."

"Really? You don't have any mission or other things to do?"

"No, I don't. Tell me, Mirai, has your Sensei given you this form as well? Our Sensei recommended us for the participation to the Chūnin Exams."