**Christmas Special chapter**

Start from the beginning

"Yes, I know, but I don't know what else I can call you," Kei retorted playfully. 

"Hello sweetie! How are you!" Shizune greeted her warmly. 

"I'm fine, and you auntie?" Kei said merrily before pulling the woman into a hug. 

Shizune hugged her back eagerly. 

"I'm fine, thank you. Brrrh, it's really cold outside, do you mind if we go inside?" 

"No, of course not! Come in!" Kei said as she broke the hug and made way for the two women to come in. 

Once they had come in and Kei had closed the door, the girl hugged her grandmother. 

"Welcome back home!" 

"Thanks, darling."

Afterward, the three woman made their way to the living room. 

"Mum, Shi-Ne," Mai said seemingly surprised to see them. "I didn't expect you to come so early."

"Yes, sorry about that," Shizune said, "But we thought we might be of some help."

"That's really sweet of you," Mai answered before she went to kiss her cousin and mother. "But actually we're doing really good even though we're only two to prepare everything."

"Why am I not surprised to hear that?" Shizune asked with a smile. "Is there still something me might do?" 

"Well, you can still look and check what we've done so far and give us your opinions about it."

"Sounds good," Shizune said with another smile. 

Time passed and the first guests began to arrive around 18 p.m. 

Kei went to answer the door once again. 

"Mirai! Godmother! I'm so glad to see you!"

"So are we!" Kurenai replied happily before kissing her goddaughter. 

Kei kissed her back before Mirai pulled her into a hug. 

"Please, come in."

"Thank you."

"Has anyone already arrived?" Mirai questioned her once they were inside. 

"Only my auntie and grandmother."

"Oh, that's nice," Mirai replied smiling. 

Both women went to greet said women before they greeted Mai. 

"Please, have a seat," Mai said to them once she had greeted them. 

Soon the other guests arrived as well. 

And Kei was always the one to go open the door. 

"Kei-Chan! It's good to see you again!"

"Sakura-San! Sarada-Chan, good evening," Kei greeted them with a smile. "Please, come in."

"No need with such formalities, Kei-Chan! Please, just call me Sakura, okay!"

"As you wish."

The two women then came in.

"Your husband isn't with you tonight?" Kei asked as Sarada was making her way into the living room to join the others. 

"No, he isn't... And I don't think he'll come home anytime soon..."

"Oh, I'm sorry I asked..."

"No, it's okay, never mind! We're here to celebrate tonight! it's no time to be sad!"