Chapter 2

Chapter 2

(Katniss's POV)

Well after that horribly boring first day of school, we all went to the beach to decide what to do."How about a sleepover?" Finn suggests. Everybody nods their head in agreement, "Who's house?" Clove asks while she has her head on Cato's shoulder. "I vote kitty's!" Finn yells, "Me too!" Everybody else yells. I groan "Okay, one second I'll tell my mom and Prim." I text prim first,

To:Primmy🌺

Hey Primmy can you text mom that the group is sleeping over at our house? I'm too lazy to😳

I get a reply almost instantly,

From:Primmy🌺

Haha sure sis one sec let me txt her✋

I wait a couple minutes and get a text back,

From:Primmy🌺

Mom said okay she is going to go to a fancy restaurant for a date with stepdaddy✊ I'm going to sleep over at Rues mom already knows and I got my stuff so cya sis✌️

I laugh at how Prim calls Plutarch our, "stepdaddy."

I head back over to the group and tell them everything. "Yes!" They all cheer. Glimmer all of a sudden yells, "Delly is moving here!" Delly Cartwright is Glimmer's cousin from Atlanta. Delly and I are enemy's, we never can get along. Everybody groans because we all hate Delly. We hate Delly because she thinks Peeta is her, "boyfriend" and does horrible things. Speaking of which, I should trick Peeta. I run into the water and pretend to drown. "Peeta!" I scream. Peeta's eyes fill with fear and he runs towards me. I stick out my foot and he trips on it falling into the water.

I burst out laughing when he comes surface with seaweed and a crab on his head. I yell at everyone to come here and they run over, when they see Peeta, everybody erupts with laughter. Johanna even takes a picture. Finally we all calm down and head to my house for the sleepover. I tell everybody to set their sleeping bags down and get settled in. I order 5 pizzas.

When the doorbell rings Finnick springs into action and on the way running into the wall. Everybody snickers and Finnick gives out death glares while walking to the door. He grabs the pizzas and the man asks for money. "KITTY KAAAATTTT!" Finn screeches "Coming!" I shout, grabbing money. I give the pizza man his money and walk back in the room. We all eat pizza in a comfortable silence till Finnick says, "Let's play truth or dare!" We all agree and sit in the circle. Glimmer spins the bottle on Annie. "Truth or-"

But, of course, is cut off by Finnick "EXCUSE ME ITS TRUTH ODAIR!" He says, Glimmer nods and looks at Annie "Odair." She corrects for Finn. "I dare you to kiss your crush." Glimmer yells. Annie turns bright pink and heads over to Finnick. She kisses him and runs back in her spot. They blush and look down. Eventually, Finnick asked Annie on a date and she of course said yes.

We all played until we got tired, we go to our sleeping bags and watch "The Fault In Our Stars" the girls all cry at the end. Even Cato is crying and I thought he was a tough guy. I eventually fall into a world of darkness and like every night, nightmares of my dad's death plays in my head over and over again.

****DREAM****

"Catch me if you can daddy!" I squeal. I run and run out of the meadow where we were playing, and out of no where, my dad comes and grabs me. "I gotcha baby girl!" He says while smiling. I start giggling uncontrollably. "Now let's go get mommy a present at the jewelry store for your mommy and I's anniversary." I nod as we enter the jewelry store.

Daddy and I go to the diamond neckless aisle, I see a beautiful diamond neckless! I yell for my daddy, "Daddy, Daddy! Look at this one. I think it's beautiful." Daddy comes over and smiles. "Yes sweetie we will get that one mommy will love it." He says.

We buy the neckless and just as we open the door a man with a scar that goes to this cheek to his nose bursts in yelling everyone to get down and put there hands up. I look at my daddy as we are the only people not obeying his orders. The man grabs me and points the gun to my head. My daddy starts freaking out and yells "Stop! Take me, just don't kill her." I look at him wide eyed and the man decides, "Very well."

He throws me to the other side of the room and I slam into the wall. I hear a sickly crack as my body slams into the wall knocking the wind out of me. The man takes out the gun and brings it to my dad. I start screaming, "No daddy, no!" But it was to late he already shot my dad with blood coming out of his head. I start screaming with tears pooling in my eyes, "No!" I scream as policemen take the man who killed my father away and pick me up. My pregnant mother is outside crying as I run into her arms and tell her everything. She sobs as she says, "H-H-He's d-d-dead isn't h-h-he?" I nod while crying.

All I see in my mind is my dad's lifeless body but I remember him whispering something suddenly I catch what he was saying "I Love you Katniss, and Laura name our soon to be baby girl Primrose for me." That is exactly what we are going to do, name her Primrose Everdeen.