Chapter 33

Alex's P.O.V

I had left school later than what I usually do. I didn't want to walk anywhere near Kodie. Dad said to no longer baby her. He was also really mean now and I don't want her getting in trouble anymore than what I already did. Ever since mom left, things of been different, way different.  He now ran the training in our pack harshly, pushed everyone past their max. He has never treated Kodie like he had me, when I was younger. Was he also disappointed in her for not shifting early like I had? It was not her fault. I knew she was different than me, I mean she had powers of some sort. I always think back to the day of the attack, when she made that would disintegrate. She hasn't done anything crazy like that again. So I don't even know if she remembers doing that. I know that shortly after mom and dad's fight, mom left.

No one knew where she was. I remember dad talking about how he looked to her old pack, and she wasn't found there either. I knew that dad knew she wasn't dead. Because he hasn't acted hurt. Well he is hurting because he doesn't have his mate with him, but he isn't dying inside like a mate would after the death of their mate. Granny tells me you would feel it, even if they were across the world. Once the mate bond has been formed, you feel everything, if they aren't in pack territory, what they feel feelings wise, isn't as strong, and it's almost faded. I still don't know why dad treats Kodie differently though.

Kodie was his kid just like I was. I hate that she is constantly pushed too. Dad tells her all the time she isn't good enough, well I know that she is. She is still young, and yes she hasn't shifted yet. But normal werewolves don't shift until they are 13 years old. I shifted a whole eight years early. She still has five years until she could be considered a defect. I would never consider her that though, because she does have those powers. I don't know why she has them, I don't know what would have given her them. Both of our parents are werewolves.

I found myself following her scent trail on the path back home. It comforted me, knowing she was here still. But I noticed it disappeared after a while, and I got confused.

"What? Something must be off.. Her scent is gone." I thought to myself. Then a familiar voice filled the thoughts in my head.

"Remember it happens often, when her scent comes and goes. It happened a lot when she was younger." Zyan seemed to push the subject off like it was nothing. I sighed and continued down the path. I'd see her at home, and it would be okay. Wouldn't it?