Chapter 1

^^Alex Above^^

Alex's POV

Mom pulled me close to her. The hug was really tight, but I still hugged back. When we pulled away from each other Mom kissed my forehead.

"Alex, please behave, your Father and I will be back." She told me softly. I nodded eagerly. I knew what was happening. Mom and Dad are going to a rival pack, who broke the peace treaty, and are attacking them. Mom hugged me again as my Dad walked in.

"You ready, Gaiden..?" He ask my Mom quickly.

"Yes, Karter." She spoke. She nodded and kissed my cheek, slowly walking away. When she drew close to him, he pulled her into a strong hug. I could tell she was happy. I waved as she went out the door. My Dad didn't leave, my eyes filled with wonder and question. He walked towards me, and was only just out of my touching range.

"Alex, my son, we will be back. You watch over the pack. Got it little man." He said ruffling my hair. I smiled and nodded.

"Yes, I will Dad." He nodded and went to turn around to leave my bedroom. When I grabbed his waist and hugged him. He stiffened then smiled and bent down to pick me up. My small frame fitted to his larger frame, as I hugged his neck. He deepened the hug then let go of me, putting me back down.

"I love you, Dad." I said as he started walking out of the room. He turned around and smiled.

"I love you too, Buddy." And with that he left the room. I darted to my bed and climbed it. I crawled across it and looked out the window. Through the nightly fog, I watch most warriors bow their heads to my Mom and Dad. While others starting stripping and shifting. I watch my Mom and Dad go behind two big trees, that hid their frames. My Dad came out in his large all black wolf. The only white on him, was in his eyes. His eyes were a light Blue-Grey. His paws were huge! My gaze turned to my Mom who was stepping out from behind the tree, in her white and black wolf form. Her main fur color was white and her paw were black, and so were her ear tips. Her eye color was hazel, just like mine! I watched as my Dad and Mom lead the run to SnowMoon Pack. We were BloodMoon Pack.  I wish that I had my wolf. I wish that I had trained. I want to go with them. I sighed and called for Granny. I could hear the sounds of her foot steps thump on the stairs, as she ran up to my bedroom.

"Yes.. My.. Dear.. Grand baby..?" She was panting and I giggled. I patted my bed next to me. Telling her to sit there. She smiled and walked over. She sat down on the bed and a piece of her, Grey and white, hair fell in her face. So I pulled it back for her. Her smiled widened and grew with happiness. I leaned onto her and sighed.

"Granny, when is Mom and Dad going to be back?" I felt her shrug and shift under me trying to get comfortable. When she did, she started to scratch my head.

"I don't know, Alex, maybe in a few hours or days..." She trailed off as my eyes began to drop. I couldn't keep them up, so I let the darkness conceal me.