Chapter 25

Unknown's POV

The afternoon was sunny and the sun felt warm to the skin, but for me it wasn't warm nor sunny. I was tucked away in my cottage in this dense forest. Tucked away from the packs surrounding me, tucked away from the witches spells and hexes, and tucked away from anyone's knowledge that I was here. This part of the dense forest was dark, when here you were always one with the shadows. There was no escaping them. Sometimes they would whisper to you, but for me it was like they screamed. Either way I always respected these voices.

I haven't heard the voice of a living person in so long. So that is probably why they sounded so loud to me. It was almost always, "EAT!!... FOOD!!!.. GO EAT...." I forget when I started hearing these voices and their commands, but I always remember following them. I guess thats because I am so lonely out here.

I only left my wore down cottage when the voices were instructing me too. The paint of the walls was peeling off of them, and there were chips in the wood. Most of the seven windows to the cottage were cracked or had a gapping hole in them. The floor was always littered upon, but I never picked up any of the trash. There was barely any furniture in my hidden cottage. A couch, a stand, a chair, and a table. I would often just rotate between staring out of my broken windows. Rarely did I ever sit down or rest unless the voices told me to or my legs felt stiff and wobbly at the same time.

I sometimes wonder if I will ever seen another living creature that walks on two legs and is close to the species of human. Sometimes from my windows I'll see a squirrel running up a tree truck, or a deer grassing in the grass while it stands of the cottage's yard's tree line. Or I will see a bird flying lowly but quickly flies back up to the tree branches and out of view. Upon seeing these creatures a voice would tell me I'm hungry and should eat.

I don't know how long I've been here, nor do I even know what my name actually was. The voices would sometimes call me Subject V-158, and one voice that sounded a lot kinder than the rest would call me Boy. Hearing that nickname always made me feel more alive, kind of told me who I was, other than Subject V-158.

I didn't know what I looked like either, whenever I got a drink from somewhere it was always from the loose gutter panel. The dark colored water would drip in a light stream and I would be there to caught it in my mouth. I assumed I was pretty tall due to the fact that when I would stand under or walk by a door frame, I seemed to be less than a foot away from hitting it. That was one thing I knew about me. Another thing was that when I would look down to the floor, I noticed that on my feet were a pair of muddy boots with worn out laces. I also wore these very dirty and kind of ripped jeans all the time. There was a few spots of old and dried up blood on these jeans from messy kills. I wore a dark hoodie, that was also muddy. I don't remember ever wearing anything other than these few pieces of clothing. 

Now as I continue to look out of this cracked window that I believe would be, because the voices call it, a living room. One of the voices fills my head with its scream, "TIME TO GO...." I didn't know where I was going, but as I turned away from the window I moved out of the way from the wore out couch and to the front door of the cottage, the only exit out. Opening the door and shutting it behind me as I walked out the voice started giving directions. "GO STRAIGHT, TURN HERE, JUST PAST THIS TREE, KEEP GOING...." I obeyed fully, but never remembered what direction I was going in and what the path was. Let's see how this plays out.